3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your Screen Name  (Read 14876 times)

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Screen Name
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I have a cabin at the base of Sharptop Mountain thus...

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
"Long Arrow" comes from a Black Foot indain legend......Long time ago the Black Foot's didnot have a name for the horse, so it was called, Elk Dog and other names...Long Arrow was deaf orphan boy...taken in by Runnin' Chief..anyway Long Arrow got his hearing back..and went to great spirit and brought the horse back for his people! Good story to read. just search for "long arrow" idain chief.  :archer:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
I had several others in mind but they were all taken so, considering I live in Shady Spring West Virginia....walaaa....sswv I am.

:archer:  

"I'll keep my guns, freedom and money. You can keep the change."

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
I didn't find archery on the net till the late 90's, and I was registered on a couple forums but always kept losing my registration, so I'd have to re-register (I was not very computer savvy in those days).

Around 2000 I bought a 15 year old all wood Martin bow.  I loved that thing and shot it exceptionally well but it was slooooowww.  I killed a bunch of game with it anyway.  So that's where SlowBowinMO came from, that old bow.  I stuck with that as I no longer had computer issues and registration problems.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
I love longbows its simple.Wiley coyote thats funny.  :biglaugh:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
Mine is simple. Where I live, owls are nocturnal hunters whose wings make no noise when they take to the air or are in flight.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Mine did not take much thought.. I am named after my Grandfather and my Dad..  Of course my Dad and I still get each others mail even though we live in different zip codes.. LOL

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
My main hunting grounds are behing my house in the Bergen swamp can you guess what always seems to hide in there LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Ok Ill play...bayoulongbowman , Im from south La. ( alabama guys thinks thats lower alabama ) its Louisiana ...sometimes I sign off mark #78...that numbers has alot meaning , old fooTball number, year I started back with traditional bows, and 78 th person signed on the gang....AND NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!     :wavey:          :clapper:   PS almost forgot...Bayou bodies of waters streams creeks all around Louisiana lots of us cajuns hunt and fish around...did anyone say boiled crawfish , its whats for supper tonight!!!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Fun Shooter... sorta like shooting for thrills! This thread has been enlightening and enjoyable.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
I live in the Desert south of Palm Springs, California.
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
Long
 Bows
 Rule

I'm a bit partial to longbows, and my nickname probably wouldn't be allowed on a family site (or any of the names my buds usually call me).

Chad

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
Mine was given to me by Mom and Dad, I have had other screennames but it has always been Shawn Leonard on this site. Great thread!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
My handle comes from my first name combined with a nickname that I have had for a long time.(Hammer down Henry) Let's just say that I have a heavy right foot.
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
Bone-shortened from red bone.Hunting buddy I hunted with years ago said I tracked and moved thru the woods like a Redbone hound.All that was said in camp in front of everyone so it stuck.----------Bone

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
I was going on my vary first hunt to Catalina Island in 1981, they stuff all of your gear in the bottom of the boat with 30 other hunters gear.

My friend was writing his name on his arrow box with a magic marker, I handed him my arrow box and asked him to write my name on it for me.

When we got to the Island and the deck hands started to unload a mountain of archery gear, he yelled out Kingwouldbe....... Kingwouldbe......

My friend said, that's your arrows box, everyone had a good laugh as I had to walk up and get my arrow box.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Mine comes from the Wisconin Buck and Bear Club's theme of "Let 'em go.  Let 'em grow."

I like the concept and put LT M GROW on my truck license plates long ago as that is all the letters they allow on the plate.

So when I signed up on here and needed to choose a screen name, all I could think of at that time was Lt-M-Grow and just threw it on there.

If I would have known how much I love this place and how long I would be here, I would have thought about a heck of a lot more.   And since you cannnot change it, it is what it is :-)

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:

My number and nickname from high school is how my screen name came about.
Dave, are you related to Al Bundy? still living the high school dream LOL    :biglaugh:

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Hello, my name is Dave  :D

And,,,I used to trap for a living (nuisance wildlife control operator)....before the economy started tanking.

Offline Schultzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Last name Is Schultz, friends call me Schultzy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©