3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone living around Seattle??  (Read 587 times)

Offline Angus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone living around Seattle??
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
North Bend's really pretty, right in the forest, and right on I-90.
Bring your lederhosen and check out Leavenworth.  Geben Sie mir einen Yodel!!!
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Hey Nate, I haven't known you for very long but I can honestly say that I'm gonna miss ya. I'm glad that I had the opportuntiy to taste your cooking  :bigsmyl:  ! Good luck out there. My brother in law lives in Seattle but he is so far left that he makes Barney Frank look like Pat Buchannan. Any chance you'll be back for the Adirondack Attack?
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Best hunting you will find, tags are OTC and seasons could be better but are ok...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline ren sarns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
I live 2 hours north on WHidbey Island,  hunt the majority of the state.  ELk, deer (both Mulies in East Wa and Blacktail here),  bear hunting is good also if you get off the roads!  Been out here since 1981,  love it!
WSAA/TBW/NFAA

NAVY MCPO - RETIRED

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
It all depends where in Seattle or your job might be. Believe me when I say a half hour any where else is not like a half hour in Seattle. I lived 17 miles from the job site I worked on for 9 months and it took me between 45 min and hour and a half to get there. Traffic is as bad as L.A. If your not on the road by 6am your going to be late. If you got to go into Seattle just north is better. coming in from south is bad and then you also have the airport traffic to deal with. I love the town of Ballard. Just north but it is also expensive. You might get a little sticker shock when you come. We sold our four bed two bath and could only afford a two bed one bath in Mount Lake Terrace. Half the size and 10 times older. The farther away you get from the city the cheaper it gets. Good luck and even with all that I would take the west coast over the east any day.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »
It sounds like you will be primarily traveling the I-5 corridor. 2 hours east you are in the high desert and 2 hours west you are on the coast.

There are lots of elk in WA in the west side. I don't know the condition of the elk on the east side of the state.

If you are used to hunting whitetails only, you will love the northwest.

Lots of different species to chase out here.

I was going to say you may have some political boundaries to cross if you move out here and then I saw you were from Massachusetts  :biglaugh:

Good luck,

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »
Seattle is a nice place to live if you don't have to go anywhere.  I lived in the area for 46 years, and am glad to be away from the traffic, if not the area.  I worked 8 miles from where I lived, and it regularly took 30-45 minutes to get home.  Not so bad getting to work if you leave by 6:00 am.  If you don't add 20 minutes at least if you don't want to be late.  You don't judge how far away anything is in Seattle, you estimate how long it will take you to get there.  If you are expected to be on the north end of Seattle for most of your work, live north.  If south end, live south.  Getting through Seattle is a bear.

The hunting is not bad, most every tag is over the counter, and their game regs make more sense to me than Oregon's (but then I grew up there and had a few years to get used to them).  Lots of public land (but the down side is lots of people).

RonP

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Your journey will leave an empty feeling in my belly My Brother.....   ;)

(Well, At least the "Gang" out west will be eatin' GOOD!!!!!)   :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 04:15:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay in response, my home computer is pretty much useless so I had to wait till I came back to work to check this.
 Jim, Ken, Brian, and Chuck: A friend of mine once told me, tell me who your friends are and I'll show you who you are(not exactly verbatim, but you get what I'm pushing at). If that is even half true, the high quality of character you guys demonstrate in the woods around town, does us all proud.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to share a hunting camp with.
  To think of all the strange looks I got from friends and family when I told them I was heading off to the Adirondacks to hunt with a bunch of guys I never met before (not just a few references were made to the banjo player in "Deliverance")  This is starting to sound like a eulogy, so before I start filling up my keyboard with tears... This just means we're gonna have to have an "Adirondack Attack-western style"  You all know I'm not getting married anytime soon (if ever!), so a standing invitation exists, with no worries of what the "Miss" will say about a bunch of elk piss smellin' ruffians invading the house. With a bow, a plane ticket, and tags in hand, you'll need for nothing!! (if push came to shove I might even ante up for
 the tags). But before any of this comes to pass, I have to get out there, see what I can see and decide If I want to take the job.  I'll keep you posted, and thanks for all the kind words!!

Nathan

:archer:
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »
I was going to say you may have some political boundaries to cross if you move out here and then I saw you were from Massachusetts   :biglaugh:  

Good luck,

Paul [/QB]
Thanks Paul, Mass. will make you're head turn a little funny over time, but not THAT funny  :D   Seems like everywhere you go there's a whole bunch of B.S. to put up with, I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Thanks for the breakdown in times Dave, that really helps.  I have been looking on Craigslist  and trying to find a place up by monroe or snohomish, I think it'll be a long haul If I have to come all the way south to North Bend after working all day up in Bellingham. Looks good though.

Thanks again to everyone for all the the advice, I hope it all works out and I can look you all up for some stump shootin'(and maybe a cookout!!)  at the very least, and hopefully some hunting.  If anything else comes to mind, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©