3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beware the wandering bushes  (Read 264 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Beware the wandering bushes
« on: April 11, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
Hello there gang, it's me - WiHill - and I've taken over Frassettor's computer!  HA!  That'll teach him to go get a soda and leave me alone with TradGang up on the computer....

Any time you are awakened by a phone call far before you're ready to pop open your eyes for the day, you can be assured it usually means one thing - a day out in the field shooting with friends.     :knothead:     After running over to another TradGanger's shop to pick up a new favorite, a 59# RER Vortex with Waterfall Ash veneers (The RER Vortex has always been a secret favorite of mine, after shooting them over at Kevin and Sues I swore I would have one someday - now I do!)  it was off the the backyard to poke holes in perfectly good trees.  Well - some of us more than others.     ;)  

In accordance with all things silly, it was far too nice of a morning to merely stand around and shoot.   Nooooooo, we had to step it up a notch.  Nothing like preparing for the upcoming turkey and deer seasons, and what better way to have the neighbors pre-dial the county sheriff on us than to put on our Rancho Safari Shaggies and launch some arrows at foam.

One neighbor was confused at the marching bushes, while another began a romantic tale of his time in the service - trapped in Europe with the invading hordes.  Anyone with a grandfather in the Wars has lived those tales many a night, I'm sure.  

In the end, a fantastic day was had by both.  Sadly Rick just got his rhythem going when I got too pooped to shoot.  I need to work up to shooting the higher poundages a bit more, but it was certianly a ball while it lasted.

Oh nuts, here he comes with a soda (er, soda number two - I'm not that fast on the keyboard...)

I'll have him post the picture as I'm not savy enough with this photobucket thing...

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beware the wandering bushes
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Looks like you had a good time.  Now I know what I look like when I am hunting.   :biglaugh:   I really like my shaggie suit.

Dennis

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beware the wandering bushes
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
I have a hunting buddy that bought a jacket like that; didn't tell me; had it in his backpack. When he walked up to me in the dark with it on- for our walk out of our bear hunt spot.... well..... HE thought it was funny.    :scared:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©