3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: B-Mobile Decoys  (Read 393 times)

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
B-Mobile Decoys
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
Anybody got any first hand experience with the B-Mobile Turkey decoys by Primos? Are they worth the money? Do the gobblers come-a-runnin??
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: B-Mobile Decoys
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
I've had first hand experience with one & it's been real good....

"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
Scott, Without a doubt! I've used one since 2007...

These two birds from 2007 were taken from this set-up, 5 days apart....

#1...

#2...

2008.... again the first two gobblers that saw B-Mobile came right in...blew the first opportunity, but made good on this one.....

Seem to work better early in the season, but most things do with turkeys.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout Mark    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
Awesome, Guys...been using other decoys for years, but wanted some insight on the strutting longbeard, and the reaction that gobblers pose when coming in...are they a pain to cart around? and any details on set up?

Great pics too!  :thumbsup:
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline DaveBriner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
They don't work one bit.........
  :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:
A man's worth can be determined by the number of friends at his funeral- unless they all hunt too!!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
Thanks Curt & Scott....nice pictures Curt..opens here Saturday morning & I cna't wait.....

Originally posted by Carcajou:
Awesome, Guys...been using other decoys for years, but wanted some insight on the strutting longbeard, and the reaction that gobblers pose when coming in...are they a pain to cart around? and any details on set up?

Great pics too!    :thumbsup:  
The B-mobile comes with a mesh orange bag with back pack straps for carrying around,I usally just sling it over my shoulder & go...Comes with a stake & a bracket for fixing up a real fan which folds down & can be stuck inside the decoy's body cavity for transporting around....set him were you want to shoot & I like mine facing the blind as most turkeys swing around & approach the decoy head on..I have had single jakes that wouldn't commit(guess they didn't want there butt kicked by the decoy)....

Their selling a Jake mobile now but you can change fans on this decoy & it will work just the same....

If ya get one & need a real fan let me know....can probably fix ya up...

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
boy I've had some mixed experience...

The first time I used it they ran away ..literally
next time it took a lot of coaxn to bring the bird in..he hung up when he saw it.

Third time...he didnt go for a fight, but he sure went at it, and wamo.  

I've been hesitant to use it, but it does seem to work sometimes.  I does make hens more comfortable to be around for sure.   I usually rarely bring in hens alone.  Even without calling they seem to wander by more frequently with bmobile out.

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
AkDan,

What part of Alaska has limb chickens?  :)
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
Good for you Mark, make sure you post pix of the bird you kill that morning    ;)    :notworthy:  

Scott, in two of my pix you can see how I set mine. I usually pace off about 10yds. and set it facing the corner of the blind that I'm planning to shoot out of.

As far as carrying.... I fold mind in half and putt the folded up tail inside and carry in my pouch on the back of my vest. It won't fit in the pouch of most vests made today. Mine is an oldie but goodie that I've been using for over 15yrs. It has an oversized  pouch on the back that I can carry three deke's and extra cloths in....

Mark, What do you think of converting "B-Mobile"(I call mine Floyd) into a jake??

I think it'll be less intimidating to some gobblers, and still fire-up the big boys when they see it and come storming in.

I've always had the beard adjustable and use it shorter than it comes, and also use it on a shorter stake....it would just be a matter of changing tail feathers.

What do you think bud?
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
Another vote for the B Mobile.   I picked up the She Mobile last night and used both this morning to kill this Tom.  The She Mobile can be set lying on the ground for a breeding look.

Deeks can make or break ya.  Seems it just depends on the day.  One day they run away, the next they come run'n in to kick butt.  Overall though I've had better luck decoying birds with the strutter deek.  I use deeks every time I bowhunt.  I take the good with the bad, because when they work as planned the bird is in your lap for a close shot.  Todays bird was killed at 5 yards.

Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
Curt,as good a luck as we've had using the full fans on b-mobile I'm gonna leave mine just like it is(mines getting a little worn & may need to be replaced)....but I see no problem at all converting one into a jake if you wanted to...I'd say in certain situations each one will work better than the other...but if ya wanta kill limbhangers use the full fan on B-mobile...lol..
   :bigsmyl:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Good job Mike......  :thumbsup:

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
now now...do you really think I'd sit behind a spruce and get lulled into a fantaasy that Alaska HAS limbchickens...

Normally I do get to travel, Drew Mn again but I dont think I'm going to make it home this year due to work...gotta love the economy!!!

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Have used one for the last couple of years.  Use jake tailfeathers and cut the beard short and a hen decoy on the ground.  Have had good results using this setup.  Called in a couple jakes last Saturday - opening of Nebraska's early youth shotgun season.  Took the landowner's 8 year old grandson out for his first turkey.  Not sure who was more excited the 8 year old or me . . .
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »
I really really like the look of the Flambeau King strut decoy. I think (personally) it looks alot better then the mobile. My buddy guides for turkey and swears by this decoy. I am not huntin birds but will be getting this decoy when I can.
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Plus, you can practice your shooting on the decoy on slow days!  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©