3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: limbolt downfalls?  (Read 335 times)

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
limbolt downfalls?
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Are there any downfalls to the limbolt mount quivers ? I am looking at one type to put on my bow and have never seen the limbolt style up close. I always worry the bolts will back out or not go in far enough.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: limbolt downfalls?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
I have had one on one of my bows for quite a while, with no problems. It is probably the most secure mounting system there is for a quiver, and there is no danger of the bolts backing out. The only downside is that you can't remove the quiver without taking the bow apart, but that's not a problem for me.

Actually, I have seen a quiver that is removable without taking the limbbolts out, but it's name escapes me right now.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
I think the Thunderhorn limb bolt is removable without taking bow apart.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
You should have no worries about the bolts backing out, i have never heard of this happening. As far as beinging long enough, check with the bow maker. I know of two that offer longer limb bolts for their bows and they are Black Widow and Bob Lee. I have used limb bolt quivers for many years and have never had a second thought about it.

Make sure you tune your bow with the quiver on and full on arrows minus 1.

If you would like i have a Sel Way (right handed) im not using that i could send you to try out, if you like it we could talk if you decide on something differant just send it back.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
I have a couple of Great Northern quivers that attach by limb bolts and can be removed quickly.  I like them a lot.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Quivers+Bow+Great+Northern++Quick-Mount+Quiver_c14_s21_p52_i5073X_product.html
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
The Great Northern limb bolt quiver is removable without taking down the bow...Mike

Offline Joshua Grimshaw

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
I have used limb bolt quivers 90% of the time. Never a problem.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
The only problem I could see would be needing to take down your bow in the field and not having a hex wrench. Antler limb bolts, or other hand tightened/loosened knows would fix that.
I just traded a GN limb bolt quiver, and I think it is probably the best bow mounted quiver I have used to date.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
I have two B.Lee's with G.N. quivers on and have never had a problem since I purchase them in 2003.
Conny

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
I've only used the GN bow quivers and have never had a problem and can't imagine making a better quiver. I usually make all my own equip from bows, arrows, strings, knives etc basically because I think everything can be improved and end up customizing it for myself or just making it but I don't know how you could make a better more servicable bow quiver than GN. With that said I've seen a couple others on past threads that looked awfull nice! lol
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©