3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I got a phone call! I got a phone call!  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I got a phone call! I got a phone call!
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
leatherneck, I am hoping they will do the coathanger trick.   :goldtooth:
Larry, I remember when I didn't have ANY! And you just laughed at me.   :(  
Killdeer (looking for nocks for these 2016s...I think they are under THAT pile.)
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Gee Killy Dear...It looks like you have been spoiling yourself! Looks and feels great I bet. Nice to see you again! (MPS clinks his toddy into Killys internet one)cheers!
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »
Holy Smokes!
Look who came to dinner! Haven't seen your Canadian grin for a coon's age! Lemme go get a clinkable and I'll joinya.

Yes, I am spoiling myself. I was hoping it didn't show. How's Hailey? How big is she now?
Killdeer   :wavey:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
now my dear  :saywhat:  I most certainly didn't laugh, in fact I took such pity upon you that I sold to you the one and only   Magic  Bow

notice not only the reverential capitalization but also the boldness of it  :biglaugh:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
Yessss, my Precioussssss, he speaks more respectfully of you these daysss...

Oh, didn't know you were there, I was just talking to, uh, the dog! Yeah, I was talking to Spirit here...where IS that mutt? She sure is hard to keep up with, by Gollum...er, golly!

:o

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
that is a very sweet looking bow Killie! the mojo is glowing.... you  are not alone in keeping all your bows.  I still have all 3 of the bows I have had made.  

so have you got it dialed in yet?
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Holy Smokes!
Look who came to dinner! Haven't seen your Canadian grin for a coon's age! Lemme go get a clinkable and I'll joinya.

Yes, I am spoiling myself. I was hoping it didn't show. How's Hailey? How big is she now?
Killdeer    :wavey:  
...almost 8. She hung out with Doug Campbell for a few days, so now she shoots better than me! smarter, too...if you have any Centuar questions I am sure she would be willing to help! haha. The only things she draws the lines on are Manitee's and Shamu's...everything else she will let us shoot and eat!  :)
...gosh this is hard.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
MPS,

As I live and breathe, you still DO exist! You and M&M's!   :thumbsup:

Takes our own dear Killy to draw you outa the heavy metal din and grace us with your many breast feathered self?  :)  Kewl!

Good to see your post. Glad Haley's still ruling the roost!

Hope to see more of you hereabouts!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
Great looking bow.  How heck was the basket weave on the limbs done.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
Hey Doc...nice to see you too. here, have an M&M. Killydear, carry on.  :)
...gosh this is hard.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
This is why a carbon-backed Centaur takes fourteen months to get finished. If you will notice, Jim called me a little over a week before the bow was "finished up" and delivered. The finishing up is easy, just a few swipes over a machine and a spritz of finish and she's done! The part that takes so long is separating out all the little fossilized carbon fibers from shale found in Jim's Montana mountain slopes, combing them straight and applying "product", and then weaving them by hand into a backing material. Jim can only sit on that concrete floor for so long before his legs go to sleep, and he needs to get up and move around and get the blood flowing again. Plus he has knots the size of hens' eggs on the outsides of his ankles from sitting cross-legged on the concrete.

This is worth every extra cent I paid him, though, for his discomfort and his time, as the bow's unique plaited backing gives it snap, fire, and durability that far exceed the techno-cool looks of the material.

Killdeer
(Shhh!)   :jumper:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
"The part that takes so long is separating out all the little fossilized carbon fibers from shale found in Jim's Montana mountain slopes, combing them straight and applying "product", and then weaving them by hand into a backing material." SOO that's how it's done.   :saywhat:   I like how it only takes a spritz of finish.

Doc and the pigslayer!! all in one day. MAN!!! I miss the old days.   :p
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
A handsome hound and a beautiful bow.  Two of my 3 favorite things in one photo! Wow!

Nice bow Killy.  Thanks for sharing.
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Offline DCM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
A "double carbon" Centaur won the Walk the Talk get together, blowin' 195 plus at 10 gpp (22" power stroke, "regular" string).  Translated, they are fast and efficient shooters.  Love the wood choices.  Killy there is a kind of rule, one must post a pic of the bow drawn, arrow and all, so can see the lovely curvy shape... and admire the bow.

Calvin good to see yer handle.  Hope all is well up yonder.  What do you hear from that lil orphan boy, Shane if I recall correctly?  Hope he go plugged in somewhere good and taken root before this crash hit.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
She is beautiful!  Congrats Killy!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
Hang around MPS...we wanna keep Dano happy. :)

1st I saw the woven carbon was on Ed Schlief's newest version of Griz Sticks. Tough stuff and very resiliant. So much better looking than the flat stuff for limbs I think.

Excellent call, Killy.   :)   And I will continue to let you believe what you will about it's earth extraction and fabrication!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
:jumper:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
'lo Draino. pass the lemonaide. please.  :)  David, I was just admiring the gossamer tips on your bows with Mr. Doug Campbell...he agreed that they were pretty awesome. He knows a thing or two about longbows methinks. I think of you often as the bows are on prominant display in my new house. I will keep my promise and drop some meat with them sometime in the near future...

Sorry for the intrution Killdeer! nice of you to share your stump. I see you havent lost your wit or creativity with words...I always did think you were an incredible person. I bet you know lots of stuff.  :)  cheers!
...gosh this is hard.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
MPS, your intrusions are most welcome. Your extrusions, on the other hand...   "[dntthnk]"
I was pleased to see the ol' gang giving each other what-for again. I just got back from taking the requisite pics. While I was gathering props, the dog took the opportunity to do a little hunting. She killed a groundhog. Dammy they gots teef! As roly-poly as groundhogs seem to be, this fella was right skinny. Feeling his hams, he had hardly anything there. There was some sort of goo on one of his rear feet, too, looked like pus. We are not going to eat it. I am glad that this dog is well immunized, and she did not suffer so much as a scratch. She is grinning a little wide, and looks very smug.

I will have to download, edit, add mascara and subtract hair, and upload the photos, but I am fletching up some arras for tomorrow, though. And when I pulled out the trusty arrow saw, I found that the blade is broken. I'll have to use the one at the club tomorrow, durn it.  I probably needed a different type of blade anyway, as the one on there is I don't know how old, and carborundum. What does all three types of arrows well? (wood, alum., and carbons)

It's a 3" wheel for a half-inch arbor. The motor goes way fast until you load it, and then it runs at about 7000. I think it is 23,000 rpm without a load. I better buy several wheels, because if I don't, arrow saws will be legislated out of existence, or they will stop making wheels because they put silicone or some such into the air and the Surgeon General will find that it causes acne in Californians, spotted owls or teenagers.

Time to put another fletch on.
Killdeer   :D

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Killdeer thanks for the weave explanation I had not seen it used before.  Looking forward to additional pictures.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©