3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite Treestand  (Read 5161 times)

Online AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite Treestand
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
Sunrise to sunset, definitely a millenium or Guidos Web.

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
I have 2 climbers lone wolf sit in climb an summit viper, by for the summit is the most comfortable  but the bar can get in the way if u get cault sitting. Its my all day stand for sure, but i did add the summit seat to my lonewolf an it made BIG diference an i find myself using it more an sitting longer now.. The long wolf is the 1st choice for long hikes an normal sits 3-4hrs its vary stealth compared to other stands
Bull

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Been using a Screaming Eagle and Climax for years. Recently bought a Screaming Eagle Eaglet and am looking forward to trying it this year.

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
I like the LW sit-and-climb in woods with straight trunk pines, aspen or maples... they are really easy to ascend. I have two LW hang-ons and LW climbing stix for other kinds of trees. Lightweight and a breeze to hang. Safe, too. Tom

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
LW assault and sticks. . . one set gets me to a new set-up every time.  Ten minutes and I am up and ready to hunt.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
chipawa wedge loc ... great stand, very solid, quiet, and soooo easy to hang. You can buy multiple hangers and just one wedge loc stand. Makes moving from location to location easy.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
GameTamer TS 31

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
Know where I'm going -

LW Handclimber with a Gorilla Airride seat - too comfy...

Going somewhere new with no plan -

LW Sticks and the TreeSaddle.
Support the sport!

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
Lone Wolf alpha here.  Add a set of their sticks and you can get into any tree that will support your weight and stay as long as you can keep your eyes open.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »
LW Alpha, have some that are almost 20yrs old now and going strong. Change the straps & check bolts every year and go. There are more comfortable stands out there but no equal for strength and quietness.
hunt it

Offline sethdiggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
I have the summit viper but I've only used it for muzzleloader hunting so far. It's very comfortable but I can see where the front bar could really get in the way for bowhunting. If I was buying one just for bow hunting, I think I would try one of the Lone Wolfs or Millenniums.
Damon Howatt Coronado 60" 45#@28

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
Screaming Eagle, with the larger seat. Still the best-designed and strongest stand out there. Only down side is that they are on the heavy side.  :thumbsup:
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
Lome Wolf climber, but really prefer a Torges tree seat with my feet on the ground!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Climax are, in my opinion, the best stand out there right now - of course these are hang and leave stands, not carry in and out stands.

For carry in and out the LocOn Windwalker is my favorite.  I've killed several good bucks from them on carry in and hang hunts.

For sure I'm not an all day sitter - I don't feel it is an efficient use of my time for whitetails.  That said I've spent a couple of full days in the Windwalkers for antelope and I wouldn't suggest it!  Climaxes are big and comfortable, though and would work well for that.

Ryan

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
Short hike in.... Summit Viper. Long hike in Guido's Web with woodpecker drill and 8" x3/8" grade 8 bolts.

If you put the top seat portion of your Viper a little lower you can shoot around the bar , no problem. The dead zone on a Viper is a shot behind you if the deer is around 10yds. Your lower limb will hit the upright portion of the seat climber. Practice in the yard in your Viper with your 3D and you will see what I am talking about. It cost me a huge buck ! Nothing as comfy for a long sit than a Viper. Like sitting in a recliner all day.

Only hunted out of a Guido's a few times, but very comfy compared to a Treesaddle. The standoff bar that holds you off the tree is the key diff in my book. Also the rigid seat and back of the Guido's web is more like sitting in a suspended chair versus the soft, conforming to your body Treesaddle. I just could not sit still for more than a few minutes in a Treesaddle. I was constantly standing up and trying to pull the saddle out of my butt. Felt like I was all pinched up and uncomfy. It was early season too and I only had on 6 pocket pants and a long sleeve T shirt. I can only imagine how cramped you would feel in a Treesaddle with a bunch of clothes on.

The plus of the Treesaddle versus the Guido's web is true 360 degree shooting. I love shooting out of the Treesaddle !!! Even more comfortable than a Summit Viper. Easiest shot in the world is directly behind you. The Treesaddle holds your body in the perfect, " T " shape so you will not shoot high due to not bending at the waist.

These are just my opinions on the ones I have tried. I hear nothing but good things about the LW sticks and hang ons as well as their climbers. I need to try the LW products for my own comparisons to the Summit Viper and Guido's Web. Hope this helps others in making decisions on tree gear !

nocams  :coffee:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
I've owned a bunch and the LW is one of the best, imho. However, I suspect I'll very very rarely use a conventional stand again now that I have a tree saddle. Consider one (or the Guido's web), I know I'm happy I did.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by bayoulongbowman:
Milleniem Stands...so comfortable   :)  
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Specific brand aside the things I most look for in a hang on stand is a really big seat and a foot rest. I didn't realize how much a foot rest helps in long sits until I bought a Hunters Choice that had one. Really like that stand. Also, get one where the seat when folded up can almost serve as a sit/stand seat.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Forgot to mention that of the hang ons I have hunted out of the Big Game and Gorilla's that are 24" X 30" with the 3" thick foam foldup seat are awful nice. I would not want to try to carry in and hunt out of one of these the same day, prehung only, too heavy ! I do like the foldup seat so you can get back close to the tree and not be stuck out on the side of the tree and get busted. You can also slide the cushion off and take it in and out with you so it does not get wet.

nocams  :campfire:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Col

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
My favorite stand?

The base of a stout oak and the soles of my feet.  Sometimes my knees, occasionally my tired butt.    ;)
Shooting with feeling since 1976 & luvin' every minute of it.

Thanks Dad!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©