3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Stolen" Stand  (Read 880 times)

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Stolen" Stand
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
Fortunatly I have had all good deals that have went smooth so far.  But I'm always nervous when making these type of deals.  Nothing afainst new guys but I try to avoid making deals with people that haven't been members for very long and had several posts.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Do you guys use pay pal..from what I understand both partys are covered when using pay pal.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Damn, is this turning into an epidemic???
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
this is how the classifieds disappeared last time..probably should contact mods. before bringing it up on the forum, if they want it aired then do so..but I do agree, have had mostly great deals except for a couple..mostly great people here.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
Sorry to hear, but David mitchell has it right. One cannot ask for payment first, why should one trust and not the other. I will not do a deal unless the other party and I agree to sgip at the same time or within a day of each other. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
IMHO, if this happens, the "non deliverer" or party who did not hold up his/her end of the deal should be banned from the site. We should have a list of people who screwed up and it should include some info so we can track them in case they come back with a different handle.

That said, I bought a bow about 3 weeks ago and have not gotten it yet. Contacted the seller a couple of times and did not get an answer for a week but finally did today and it was a good reason. He even wanted to make it up in some way, like an extra gift etc. Not necessary. Sometimes things happen.

Let's hope a couple of days will clear things up

sam

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
I received an email from the buyer this morning in response to my last private message.  He said he has had some personal problems and would call me today.  Hopefully this will work out.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
I have had great experiences on this site.  I agree with David M. and others though, trust cuts both ways.

I do hope it works out and sounds like it may.  

Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
I am really glad to here that this thread might have a silver lining in it.  Bama, hope it all comes together for you.
Horner
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
The buyer called me this morning and apologized.
He said that someone he had relied upon to communicate with me while he was dealing with some family and health problems had dropped the ball
We agreed that he will mail a partial payment today and the balance in 30 days.  He offered the alternative of returning the stand.  He did say that I had mistakenly understood that he was an officer in a state association - he is a member but not not an officer.

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
Bama, I think you've been doing the right thing here. Patience is a virture, we all have problems at times and "stuff" happens. Personally I am willing to be open to the possibility of being shafted once for the oppertunity to trust good people. If he doesn't come thru it will hurt him and more than the hurt you will experience by losing the stand.

That said, I'm hoping this all works out well, sounds like it will now any way.  :thumbsup:
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Bama..glad this working out for ya  :thumbsup:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
Sounds like all is going to work out, Thats good and the buyer is most likley a good guy but man when something comes up and i know things do you have got to talk it out.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
Hope it works out, Bama

I also wanted to comment on how a deal should be made. First, it is normal and expected that payment is recieved before sending an item. That's the way business is done. Buyers should do as much as they can to protect themselves. If you use a US Postal money order; it brings the United states govenment in on your side if the seller doesn't deliver. Also, you should get the sellers home phone number and address before sending money. You can do an internet search on the phone number to see if the address and name are legitimate. If things don't look right; don't send any money! If the seller is willing to send the item based on your good reputation, then it will work. A Paypal account is not a cure-all for both parties, but it does allow the buyer to pay with a credit card, which gives him the chance to cancel payment if the seller doesn't deliver. For trades, you need to be sure the person is legit and has a good reputation. Be carefull, but sometimes you just need to trust people.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
when I was interduced to trad archery the first thing I noticed was how good the people were. Then I went on a 3-day trad event with vendors an such.I had gone to a vendor to pay by creditcard for 1 doz of g.tip arrows.He explained he was not set up to accept creditcards so he gave me his card an told me to just mail him the money an to keep the arrows.I could not belive he was willing to do this.It was then I knew I was plugged into a very special bunch of people.I have sold bows on our classafide I mail the bow they mail the money an everyone is happy.I love the trust an the "TRADITIONAL WAYS" of Tradgang an traditional archery as a whole an we should not under mined by this low life scumbags.we also need to check out who we are dealing with as best we can call your tradgang friends.try to do some research just for your protection.

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Thanks for everyone's input.

One thing is beyond a shadow of a doubt - Tradgang is a first class site with first class members.  Great source of info and ideas

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©