3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bows into Canada  (Read 274 times)

Offline bushwackerbill

• Trad Bowhunter
bows into Canada
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
I'm considering buying a bow from the tradgang classifieds.  Are there any problems shipping bows over the boarder into Canada?  I wouldn't need a broker or something stupid like that would I?
I hate winter.  Why would anyone live here?  Oh yeah, walleyes, ducks and large whitetails!

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: bows into Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
You won't need a broker.Just have them insure it and send it through the mail.You will likely have to pay the taxes on it when it lands.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline bushwackerbill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
What taxes do you think may be owed?  Is there GST on used items?
I hate winter.  Why would anyone live here?  Oh yeah, walleyes, ducks and large whitetails!

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
bushwackerbill,

As Harl stated, just have shipped through the mail, insured.

You just pay duty and taxes on the bow at the Post Office when you pick it up.

I have had three bows mailed to myself from States, no problems at all.

If you ship FedEx/UPS (FEDUP!) you will probably be charged their expensive brokerage fees, so avoid these shipping companies.

Offline Foxtail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
RW has it correct- do not use UPS or fedex. Just have it sent regular US postal service. You can insure it if you want, but if you have a good raport with the seller, and are confident that it is well packed, then you can forgo the insurance. I have shipped more than two dozen bows over at different times, and not had one shipping problem. And at least 60% of them did not have taxes charged- seems to be a hit or miss thing. If the seller is willing to put a lower price on the item- again only if you have the confidence that it will ship undamaged- then you reduce the taxes should you be charged.

Good Luck!

Offline bushwackerbill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
thanks guys, sounds simple enough

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
I ship bows all over the place to customers. Only use US postal and have never had one problem.  I always insure simply because it is cheap and helps me sleep better.  I shipped a bow from Austin to Bandera (about 130 miles) and was talked into regular post.  The same day I shipped a bow to Mudgee, Austrailia and the down under bow made it 10 days sooner.  I will never use anything but priority mail again.  It rules.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
You have a PM>>>>>

:readit:    ;)
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©