3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone shoot regular carbons with standard weight tips or is everybody frontloading?  (Read 683 times)

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
carbon express 150s 29" 125 grain tip. 468 grains  out of a 50# recurve arrows fly great. this is my first year trad shooting havent shoot anythign yet but i have no worries of this preforming on deer or black bear

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
The only disadvantage is that you have an arrow flight path with more arc with much heavier arrows so if you miss judge how far your target is you will shoot lower than a flatter shooting arrow.

However if you know for sure you are only going to shoot very close it won't make near as much difference.Personally,the only way for me to guarantee that, would be to set up where only close shots were available.

Say what you want but how many would pass up a shot at real record because it was 10-15 yards outside their comfort zone?

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
Say what you want but how many would pass up a shot at real record because it was 10-15 yards outside their comfort zone?
In a heartbeat.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
probably more would pass on a shot they were not sure of than you may think reguardless of the size
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline michigan bill

• Trad Bowhunter
I bet that Grizzly Stik Sitkas would work just great for your dad.  They are a little "spendy" but they really seem to have a wide range of bow weights they will shoot from.  I use a 27" Sitka with 125 to 130 grain broadhead from bows ranging from 45# to 51# and they fly great.
I think they would work just as well with a 28" shaft.
Bill
I'm just happy to be here!

Offline Dartwick

• Trad Bowhunter
R H Clack

I meant there is no disadvantage to having a weight forward arrow at any given weight.
Wherever you went - here you are.

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Beman MFX 400's with the regular HIT tech insert, a magnus broadhead adapter, and either a 2 blade Magnus or a WW broadhead, all this on a 29" shaft with 4 feathers, kills em dead.
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Goldtips, Redlines and ACC's - all with 125(mainly) to 175 points with no additional weighting. Right around 8gr/lb.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Dartwick
No offence intended bro.I just jumped up on my personal soap box there for a second.  :rolleyes:

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hi
Ya  I've killed ELk mule dear and w/t with carbons and aluminum inserts and 125 magnus heads with no problem.
but I now use brass inserts for increased total wieght and foc.

Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©