3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: das daala?  (Read 268 times)

Offline CJC

• Trad Bowhunter
das daala?
« on: April 16, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
who has one and what do you think?  fast, quiet?  rest, plunger?  off the shelf?  quality?  do tell..

Offline Mike Byrge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: das daala?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
I've got one.  It is setup to shoot off the shelf...good speed and one of the quietest recurves I've owned.

Only thing I don't like about it is that the sight/quiver holes are not AMO standard and you have to buy a DAS bracket in order to put a quickee-style quiver on it.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
I have had a few but none right now.Good solid bows that can be as quiet as any recurve.I prefer rest with any bow that has a plunger hole myself but have shot them both ways.They perform as well as any good recurve will and better than many depending on your limb choice,string choice ect..
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
cjc, I like the bow very much, yes it is fast and quiet, has the advantage of being able to upgrade the limbs from many different makers as well as some adjustment in poundage and tiller to help with tuning. I shoot it off a t300 rest and plunger, very well made and designed. I do use a short heavy stabilizer to get better balance.

Like Mike said that is the only negative I have but no big deal.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline MMilin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
CJC:

I have a Dalaa.  With the standard (i.e. maple core/carbon) limb at 45#s, it chronographed at a very respectable, but not blazing fast, 190 fps with the arrows I shoot.  Your results, of course, will vary according to your arrow choice.

It is also very quiet without any "silencing."  And, it's as tunable as anything out there.

Initially, I shot off the shelf.  Then, I went to the Shorty plunger and the T-300 rest.  I have since gone back to the shelf, with no loss of accuracy. (Your results may not reflect mine in that regard.) My gain by going back to the shelf: simplicity.

The Dalaa is an excellent, extremely well-made bow.  It's priced right where most of the top-quality bows are priced.  You will not be disappointed by the Dalaa.  David Sosa designed a great bow, and 3 Rivers provides excellent customer service.

Mark

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
Chris; I've got one, and as far as I'm concerned it could be my last store bought recurve. The plunger would probobly be good for target but the shelf is the way to go for hunting. I thought my bow was noisy as is, but with puff balls and leaches on the string I'm told by people standing next to me that all they hear is the arrow. I also have bow hush on it. A feature I like is the adjustable side plate. I can adjust it to about any arrow and have a tuned set up. I use the bow quiver that 3 Rivers used to sell and like it well, very handy. 3 Rivers does'nt sell the quivers any more but they can be had from other sources. I shoot with a friend that has a Rivers Edge recurve at about the same draw weight and as a comparison, his bow is more quiet, but my bow pushes an arrow noticably faster. (no crono) Compared to the Rivers Edge or some others the Dalla is a little heavy to carry but for me it just makes it more stable to shoot. Over all I love it, and the service from 3 Rivers is excellent.  :thumbsup:
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
You should check out the tradtech titan as well.  I have been very impressed with those bows.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©