3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wingshooting Tips For Upcoming DVD  (Read 238 times)

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
Wingshooting Tips For Upcoming DVD
« on: April 17, 2009, 01:49:00 AM »
We have been working on an instructional DVD for wingshooting with a bow since last fall and we are close to wrapping it up.  :jumper:  

I am not an expert and do not claim to know everything on the topic.  It has been fun to get my family involved and help them achieve success much faster than it did me.

For those that have tried their hands at wingshooting, do you have any recommendations or tips that we could include?  

For those that want to get started, any topics that you would like covered?

Hopefully we have already completely covered beginning wingshooting, but we are always learning and adapting and sometimes we forget the little things we had to learn in the beginning.

Thanks for you help, Derrick

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wingshooting Tips For Upcoming DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
Derrick, this sound like a Great Project! How soon are you looking to release?I think people out there are looking for something different besides another deer or turkey video!
   As for any help , my boys and me enjoy shooting arial targets, but shooting at ducks or birds is a whole lot different. But where up to the challenge. Thats what makes archery great. Good shootin, and keep me in mind when the dvd is ready, Steve

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
Have you ever tried a Hitch Hiker aerial target launcher? I've never birdhunted with my bow but i shoot a lot of competitions,some aerials. The hitch hiker is made well and would be good practice.Check out their website at  www.Blueridgeoctober.com  .
Possum the other white meat

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Have you tried contacting Tred Barta for tips?   :bigsmyl:  

I love aerial targets and would love some training on the subject.  :thumbsup:
Lon Scott

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
I have seen the hitch hiker on TV and it looks like a nice thrower.  Any kind of variation in the shots are going to help us become more effective on birds.
The process of becoming effective is not complicated but watching it in action will be helpful and entertaining.
This is our first video and we have not settled on an editor yet.  We do, however, believe that it will be out this summer.
The vast majority of the people we have talked with were interested in pheasants so that is what we focused our training on.  I hope we can justify a part II for waterfowl specific tactics and hunts.  We just don't know how many people are really interested in wingshooting.  If there are enough of us, we would love to develop some products that would really help out.
I can't fault anyone for missing birds with a bow but I sure wish I could have a couple days of good shooting with a film crew.
thanks for your support guys.
Derrick

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
along with wing shooting, maybe you guys could do a segment on running targets right to left , left to right, and running away.

I know for me, any of these shots including the arial targets... I can't seem to get the  feel or process of how to hit the darn things  :help:  
So alot of explanation into how ya do it would sure help guys like me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©