3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: OH NO!...Not another knife!  (Read 753 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
OH NO!...Not another knife!
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
I need another knife like I need another big toe    :knothead:  I found this one at a show last weekend and had to have it.

The sheath is what got to me, it's a neck sheath and  the quill work is fabulous. Even the edges of the sheath is stitched with quills. The leather is brain tanned with a rawhide liner.

The 6 3/4" blade is forged from a file and the handle is curly maple with pewter bolster and spacers.

It takes a razor edge and cuts through heavy bacon rine with ease.   :eek: .....   :D

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: OH NO!...Not another knife!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
Hey Ron,
I can see your really troubled by what ya went and did... To bring your sense of right back, I'll take that one off ya hands and even pay the shipping costs..
Your new friend Jim
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline fflintlock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
Nice knife indeed, I'm kinda partial to the sheath though. Nothing any prettier then a quilled peice of brain tanned leather!
Fits right in with the Great Lakes, don't it ?
Jerald

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
Ron, who made the knife?, what knife show did you go to?
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
very nice and there's always room for one more knife.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Ron nothing like bacon fried in a cast iron fry pan. Cept cutting it with a cool knife like that. And that sheath well the pic tells the story.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
I swear, Gramps was right.  The secret to long, happy livin' has got to be real butter, slab bacon, and cast iron skillets!! Nice blade Ron, and a very nice sheath.  :thumbsup:    :)
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
Maaan that is sweet!
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
Ron, why don't you send it to me. I'd probably trade you a sash. Then after 20 years of wearing it could look like this.

Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I was at an antique arms show in Baltimore last weekend, looking for that knife!! :mad:  

Killdeer  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
What a beauty of a knife that is!
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
A 12" neck knife?  Man, that's one loooong neck!    :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
At first I thought you had just added that to your collection on a whim or because of its craftmanship and beauty, but then I saw that you really NEEDED to cut that bacon...

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
Hey Ron,

That's a nice knife and all  :cool: , but let's hear some more on that skillet   :saywhat: .  Is that a Griswold I see?  Pictures are often hard to judge but I might guess that as a No.9.  But the slab of bacon that your cuttin' says it may even be bigger than a 10?  Of course I get skillet fever so I could be wrong on all counts  :(  .  Don't leave me hangin', what are the specs?

I hope you enjoyed your bacon....Duane
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Hey Duane,

Good eye yes it's a Griswold #12, I can fry bacon, taters, and a couple eggs at the same time in that big pan    :D    Those old skillets are the best, I use that one just about every day.

Bacon by the slab with the rine on is hard to come by around here. I ordered it from a butcher shop and it took two weeks to get it. I told them I wanted two slabs which ended up being 22# ..both sides of the hog    :eek:

Killy,

That's where I found the knife at an antique arms black powder show. Lots of neat stuff at those kinda places.   :thumbsup:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Allright  :thumbsup:  Now that's a trophy to be proud of!  A No. 12 full of genuine bacon, and most anything else in the kitchen....They are made to be used every day, it's our duty.  I am glad to see you are holding up your end of the deal in fine fashion.  I wanted to say No. 12 when I compared it to your really neat new knife but didn't want to appear overly excited.  Wouldn't want people thinking I judge my cookware quality by inches alone.

Keep up the good life Ron....shootin', cuttin' and cookin'  ;)
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Cool looking knive.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Hey,
You said you were going to save some of that bacon for the summer shoots?! Now I see you showing off a new knife and your cast iron skillet with that slab-o-hog?    :readit:  

"Hey Angela, go ahead and pull those lamb chops out of the freezer. We don't need to save them for Ron any more........"    :D
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©