3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 Rivers Dura-Glove  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
3 Rivers Dura-Glove
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Anyone shoot one of these yet?

your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 Rivers Dura-Glove
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
I've not shot exactly that one, but I'm shooting one that looks to be near identical, that is from Grizzly.  Super clean release, great string feel, best glove I've ever shot.  That style is really all it's cracked up to be.

We've got them also.

http://www.braveheartarchery.us/new_page_5.htm
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
I ordered one,  but was disappointed   :(  in the very short fingerstalls covered in the "nylon".  When I get a deep hook, I am down into the leather.

Beware if you use a deep hook.   :readit:
Lon Scott

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Thanks fellas - good info.

Slowbow - I will give that a looksee.

Thanks for the tip Blackhawk, I try my hardest not to use a deep hook, but we all know it creeps up on us sometimes.  

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Blackhawk,
I'm going to talk to Danny and Dale about that because it is the exact thing that I found.  I thought it was more from my Orangutan like fingers.  :biglaugh:    I am sure that it is easily correctable, they just need some feedback.

I've been shooting mine for a couple of weeks and really like it.  Slick release and I can still feel the sting well and no signs of wear. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Blackhawk: I had the same problem. I use a deep hook so I have to really watch how I place my fingers on the string. I won't be ordering another Duraglove.

TM

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Did not like mine untill I waxed the fingertips and allowed the tips to conform to my fingers, now I love it..
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Good tip strick9, thanks

jake
TGMM

Offline Climber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »
It's interesting. I have one that fits great and has longer finger stalls than my buddy's whose I just saw. We should definitely give 3 Rivers a call to offer them our feedback.

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
tabtabtabtabtabtab......calfhaircalfhaircalfhair....losetheglovelosetheglovelosetheglove....

Offline JuraRanger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
I own one for a few month and would not trade it for anything else. I like it because it is quite thin and lets me feel the string. The synthetic fabric on the finger tips gives me a very clean release. Didn't experience the problems mentionned above.

Tom
"How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live" H.D. Thoreau

JuraRanger

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

We checked the shelves and found that the new batch is shorter like the all-leather ones we've been getting from them for years rather than the longer style that we agreed on initially.

So, we're returning all of them to be re-done.  If anyone has a "too short" Dura-Glove, please return it for replacement.

Send it to:  3Rivers Archery, PO Box 517, Ashley IN 46705

Thanks!

todd smith
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Now THAT is customer service...congrats Todd for a job well done.  I wanted to try a Dura Glove but I think I will wait until the new ones come in.

Offline penetrator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
JBion,nooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaay on loosing the glove.i shoot a big shot from american leathers.though quite expensive they're great.wouldn't trade 1 glove for 500 tabs,JMHO.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
I 2nd that on customer service.  I too will wait and get a longer one.  Thanks Todd!  :clapper:
TGMM

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
I'll still talk to you tomarrow Todd!  :goldtooth:
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
I will be returning my "short fingers" for the new one.

Thanks for the great service !!!   :clapper:
Lon Scott

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Todd: Thanks. I'll be returning mine tomorrow. Again, great service from you guys. I like everything about the glove but the length of the nylon.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
I was gonna jump in and question just how long you guys wanted the finger stalls to be until Todd explained what happened. Both my youngest son and daughter got Duragloves from 3R and the stalls go almost to the second finger joint. I tried out my son's, and if my old cordovan tipped glove ever wears out, I'm going with a Duraglove.

I have had nothing but great service from 3R. Thanks Todd!
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
I must have gotten the longer cordura tips, as mine come almost to second joint, very smooth release and thin enough to feel the string, very tough as well, mine has been in the marsh for way to many days with out care,
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©