3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ideas for a Novelty Shot in a 3D Shoot????  (Read 628 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ideas for a Novelty Shot in a 3D Shoot????
« on: April 24, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Any ideas for a novelty shot? Our club is hosting a 3D shoot this summer and just trying to get some ideas. Thanks
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ideas for a Novelty Shot in a 3D Shoot????
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Metal targets with the vitals cut out are always a hoot.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
I always like a good string shoot. Set of 5 or 6 targets. lay out a rope and you walk along the rope a pick your shot but you can backup. We do that and sometimes.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline Butts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
Just to add what Unclewhit said, I was at a shoot that had a metal deer with the vitals cut out. There was a marble drop associated with it. It had a piece of pipe on a couple of fence post set at a slight angle. You had to put the marble in the pipe, pull an arrow out of your quiver, nock and shoot before the marble fell into the bucket.
The best thing to do is to stand behind your buddy and drop a marble into the bucket just as he is ready to shoot!
As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path.  George Carlin

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Put up a white sheet of paper and shoot the flies that land on it.

We hooked a large surf rod to a Alligator target and pulled it across the cove of the lake.

Wand shoots are always fun. 2X4 on edge at long distance.

Apple on a dummy. This usually gets lots of oohs and aahs from the on lookers for low shots.

Anything that breaks Your Buddy's arrows!!!

Have fun.  

bretto

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
I like the apple on a dummy idea Bretto. I think we have done the metal cut out and the timed shots, the wand...don't have any water for an alligator! I like that one too Butts!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »

I kind of like this one.............

Can't figure out why it won't post as a picture..?   :knothead:  

.... the code had a linefeed embedded in it - make sure all image code is isn't broken up in any way

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Do a bank shot (safely)  plywood bank board into a regular target.
ChuckC

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
a deck of cards face down on a piece of cardboard your score is wahatever the value of the card is that you it

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
This is a good novelty for just before or just after a shoot is over.

One that i like is a Milk jug shoot. You have a T post a piece of rope and 2 pullies. Pullies mounted on the ends of the T, single piece of rope through both pullies and hooks on each end of the rope. Fill up 2 milk jugs with water and hook one to each end of rope. Shoot from 10 yards. First jug to hit the ground looses.

Gather up 50 to 60 jugs. $3 to $5 dollors to enter. You can give a % of cash to winner and runner up and club keeps the rest.  We have 3 rules: 1. You cant nock an arrow untill you get the go sign. 2. field points ONLY and arrow has to be fletched with at least 2 fletches. 3. First thing to hit the ground including arrows stuck in the jug and you loose.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline chessieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
Through up a running deer.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Long shot --60-80 yards -- three arrows for a buck or whatever.  Shooter gets his/her name in the bucket for every shot in the kill zone.  At the end of the day, a winner is drawn for half the pot.  Club keeps the other half.

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
take a shop vac. and stick the hose streight up and float a pingpong ball in the air stream, lots of fun

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
How about one of those old lady silhouettes bent over the flower bed things I see in peoples yards?  Or any array of garden gnomes and pink flamingos would work.  Have some fun and clean up the neighborhood.

I do like the milk jug idea.  If it is windy balloons released on the ground are always fun.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
I'll 2nd what wtpops said with the milk jugs, they are fun.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
Ye Olde Fartes club in TN has one that messes me up every year..... It is a coon behind a short hollow log turned up end ways. You got to squat down, shoot thru the hollow log that is in front of a standing coon. One year I shot OVER the log by a foot !!! It is a close shot, about 10 yds total with the log halfway between you and the coon.

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Butts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
Just thought of some others.

Teeter-Totter shot, shooter stands on a piece of plywood about 2' by 4' that has a 3" piece of pipe in the middle. The shot must be taken while board is off the ground.

Shot at a deer that had some flexable drain pipe wraped around it. The pipe had a foam head that looked like a snake. If you shot the head you got 5 points, snake body 3 points, and if you hit the deer you lost points.

One if the funnest I thought was a tree rat target. Life size foam squirrel velcroed to a tree.
As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path.  George Carlin

Offline mooseman1967

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
see if i can explain this one. you have a baloon with a 8" ring tied to it with a short piece of string about 6 feet off the groung. with 2 man teams one person shoots the baloon and the other tries to shoot the ring before it hits the ground. timeing is every thing on this one. does take a pretty large backstop but it sure is alot of fun.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
Also our brother JC from GA hosts the northern zone shoot for the TBG in May and he usually has a running boar or bear shot. He has a rope strung down a small hollow on a slight decline and has the 3D target suspended from a 2X4 frame with rollers on top. The shooter is halfway down the hollow and is only allowed to shoot thru a window about 6 feet wide between two large trees.

Gravity supplies the power and speed for the target and simple to reset for the next shooter once you push the target back up the hollow. I should know, I had to push it back up the hill half a day for my son and his buds the first time they saw this shot ! Since the target runs down the hollow the opposite bank provides a unlimited backstop so no lost arrows.

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
I like the laying down shots. Not good on a wet day though.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©