3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ideas for a Novelty Shot in a 3D Shoot????  (Read 627 times)

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ideas for a Novelty Shot in a 3D Shoot????
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
A mini glo-stick (available at hell-mart in the fishing section, used for the end of fishing poles at night) stuck in the target butt at night. Butts should be in the woods or anywhere that is pitch black at night. They can be placed at different distances. It's not a hit unless the glo-stuff splatters.

Just sit back and watch those high-scoring gap shooters suffer!  :D
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
I used to do a "turkey shoot" at our club.

Make a 4' X 4' wooden frame and cover it with cardboard. Cut a 12" X 12" opening in it just the right height for someone sitting on a 5 gallon bucket.

The shooter sits on the bucket and shoots through the opening at a turkey target. Just like shooting out of a blind.
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
Shot some golf balls today, they were on a piece of PVC pipe stuck in the ground and the golf ball just sets on top. Yuo can put them a different heights against a bank! Yardage can be what you think is fair or fun 5 yds. to 20yds. What ever you do have fun!!!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline awishanew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
William Tell Shoot. Use a happy face baloon sitting in a yourgert container weighted with sand. Put an apple on the baloon. Costs something to get one shot. We play if you hit the apple you stay for the next round. If you miss clean your out. If you break the baloon it costs you 2 more bucks and your out.

Offline Texas Tinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
Take a funnel, a section of conduit, a metal pan, and a marble.

Shooter must nock a arrow, drop the marble, draw and shoot before the marble reaches the pan.

Takes some playing with the length of the pipe but it can be a lot of fun.

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
Put a table tennis ball in the air stream of an hair dryer fixed to a table. Use 3 or 4 side by side in a row, about 1.5 feet distance. Protect the hair dryers with some material from damage. You can set a time limit,too. Distance about 8 yrds. Enter fee 3 shots 1 $, most hits get 50%, rest to the club.
If there are 2 having the same score, there is a side by side shootout at the same time. That puts up some pressure :-))

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
Use your regular targets but paint foot prints at eh stake so they have to stand in the foot prints..
Amazing  the number of positions you can get people in.. Kinda a like the old "Twister" game
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
I read this with near tears in my eyes! That is some of the most twisted, diabolical, WONDERFUL stunts I've ever read.

One can bet there are going to be a spike in arrow sales this shoot season as many of these twisted tricks are employed around the country!  :knothead:    :rolleyes:  

NOCams shot through hollow logs is a hoot! Need  hollow log length about 2' min and 3' max . A "hollow" hole about 8" dia. really separates the folks who have paradox issues at close range.  :)

One I enjoyed had 3 set up. On sawhorses at different heights... Everyone was scrunchin and stretchin either standing bent over or on their knees trying to get a straight line shot!

Other like that is where an old tree had a V through it at the base...and a buddy set up a groundhog target on the downhill side...you had to shoot through the base of the hollow V on the tree to hit the target... wild.

Good stuff. Now where are my "old" arrows should these tricks show up near me this year!?  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline nockinaround

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
Make a turkey target with its fan spread,put the bulls eye where the rectum is. Behind the card board put a bag of chocolate pudding stapled to the cardboard, this gets alot of laughs.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Some of these are definitely possibilities! Nockinaround, now that IS twisted! lol
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©