3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Abowyer, heads?  (Read 390 times)

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Abowyer, heads?
« on: April 25, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
Abowyer broadheads are they sharp out of the box? I really like the wide heads, i always like the big holes with my magnus.I beleive these Abowyer heads to be abit of a step up.. Probably going to give them a try, if anyone has used them i would love to hear about it
Bull

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Abowyer, heads?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
I just received some of the Brown Bears. They have a good sharp edge out of the box. But they are easy to get them really sharp if you put a little effort in it. I have the KME sharpener and it does a great job with it. I love the strength of these heads and the 3:1 ratio. They are keepers!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline jeanpaul3006

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
i just received mine. they look bomb proof. i shaved my arm with one straight from the package. i'm impressed. great people to deal with. i'm one happy customer.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Have 9 of the whitetails,Very sharp from the start,just a quick touch with a fine diamond steel and "WOW".
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Sounds great!! Seems like they are ready for the strop right out of the pack.. The way there harden, should hold a edge great..I have had pass through`s with most of shots with the wide magnus, so  i`m not worried about loosing penetration with the bigger heads on whitetails.. These single beveled heads should improve on what i all ready have,  i like advantage of the idea of getting a extremely sharp edge on them due to the quality of material used that other heads seem to skip on.. I believe i have to get  my order in..

Thanks for the comments guys!
Bull

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Hat...you aint gonna have a problem with getting a wide Abowyer through a whitetail.  I think the  Large Bonebuster(wide) would be just the ticket.  They are built like tanks and will plow through whitetails all day long leaving a big gash on both ends.  I still like wide 4 blades on whitetails myself...but if you wanna wide durable 2 blade....Abowyer can fix ya up!

I sharpened mine up with a fine tooth grobet.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Very high quality, I just received 6 wapiti 175 grain and they are the best quality I have ever had in a you sharpen broadhead.

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
I was told that I was buying the very last left-bevel Brown Bears.  They arrived the other day.  Gorgeous Heads!

Just thought I should rub it in...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©