3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: AD Trad Lite set-up. How?  (Read 348 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
AD Trad Lite set-up. How?
« on: April 25, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Just ordered the Black Trad Lite Ad's from Badger Arrows. I draw just under 28" and would like to shoot 250 up front from my Zipper recurves that are from 47# to 51# at my draw. What suggestions for arrow length do you have? Which end of these shafts do you cut when cutting to length? Any chance they would fly O.K. from a quick 56# recurve? Thanks.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: AD Trad Lite set-up. How?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
The AD are tapered to the nock end, so any cutting is on the point end.

I have some AD Traditional Lite, 31" weight I think 480gr-490gr with a 125gr point.

I shoot BW 56lb and 54lb @ 29" and they fly great.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Any more help?    :help:  
Please?

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
I seriously doubt you are going to have a problem because of the way they are built. I haven't shot the AD trads but I've shot the Hammer Heads and Grizzly Sitkas which are built the same way and out of a 54# bow I could shoot 125 grains to 300 grains up front and couldn't tell a difference. All cut to 29". Don't bother trying to bare shaft them it will drive you crazy.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Michael, I don't think you'll have any trouble at all.  Fletch 'em up and shoot 'em   :thumbsup:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
I been playing with the AD heavies. Cut 31.25 standard insert and nock, wrapped w/3 5 inch feathers. This flies well out of a 55 at 30" and a 60@30" with 125 gr. up to 250 grain. Don't ask me how. I bareshafted this set up and it showed barely stiff w/ 125 gr. and perfect with the 200 gr. and the 250 gr. pts.These arrows go against everything I thought I knew about carbons.But it's all good.  :jumper:

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »
Based on my experience, if I had your draw I'd want cut them 28.5 or 29" BOP and expect them to shoot well from all the bows you mentioned.

I think it would be fine to leave them long, too, if you prefer that, but I like my broadhead to just touch my finger at full draw as a final mental check that all is well.

I draw 29" and have my Trad Lites cut at 29.5, shooting them from 43# to 62# bows (250 g head).  They have really served me well.

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Daddy Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
Install your nock, fletch them up, use a strip of plastic from a sandwich bag to hold the insert in place, and shoot the combination using a full length shaft. Shoot at a fair distance onto your target, and remove the insert and shorten shaft as needed until you find the sweet spot where you want to be. At that point, glue in the insert and your good to go:)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I knew I could depend on you!  :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©