3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinion of rivers edge LX ?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline granny

• Trad Bowhunter
Opinion of rivers edge LX ?
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
Any one shooting the Rivers Edge LX 3-pc longbow? Can you give me your opinion? Are they forgiving, fest, quiet?

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinion of rivers edge LX ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Send a pm top Mcgroundstalker....he just got one. They are quiet, fast and seem to be forgiving. Not to mention gorgeous.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
I've had an LXR for almost a year now....recurve and longbow limbs. It is a nice bow and an excellent shooter, finely crafted, plenty quiet, and about as fast as anything out there.
I don't see how you would find a BETTER bow, plus Kevin and Sue are some great folks to deal with.

Billy

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
What Billy said...Kevin and Sue are top notch.

Plus if you are looking to get one without going on the waiting list you can PM Whip to see what is in stock.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
The LX is a very fine bow.  I had one and sold it.  It was probably one of the smoothest bows I have shot.  The craftsman ship was perfect and it shot nice and hit hard.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
I shot Whip's LX last year at Denton and found it to be all you could want in a 3pc take down. Beautiful craftsmanship to boot!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
I guess you all know how I feel  ;)    :bigsmyl:  

Fast, forgiving, and quiet are three of its best features.  

My form leaves a little to be desired, and forgiveness is the thing that first drew me to this bow.  I need all the help I can get, and the LX provides it.  My bow is a 64", and I do believe that longer bows in general are more forgiving of form deficiencies.

As for speed, I have never put mine through a chronograph.  Unless you have a number of different bows all of the same weight being shot by the same person using the same arrows chrono numbers won't tell you much.  But if someone did try that with an LX in the mix my own opinion is that the results would be very favorable.

I was at a 3D shoot this past weekend and had a number of unsolicited comments from the guys I was shooting with on the quietness of my bow.  I use Hush Puppies on the string.

For what it's worth, I got involved with RER and Kevin and Sue after I bought my bow, and because of how impressed I was with it.  The bow made me want to get involved, not the other way around.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
I'll let you know when my arives this Friday!  But this should convince you anyway -  I got a buddy of mine to shoot one at the Madison Deer Classic last year thinking he needed a new bow. Well I shot it too and ended up wanting one! They are great bows.  Mine is going to be 60" with actionboo limbs since I draw 26". Kevin is great to deal with since he put up with all my questions trying to decide what I wanted.  He offered some great suggestions for woods and limbs which helped a lot too.  That's a good thing as he has too many options!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »
I shot Whip's at the Pig&Gig this year and it is an excellent bow. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better bow for the money....and it spanks numerous bows with much higher price tags. You won't go wrong with the bow, especially considering the folks you'll be dealing with if you get one     ;)

There are some awesome examples of in-stock craftsmanship on Joe's site...whoops...I mean, DON'T go look at those beautiful bows over there or you'll be buying your wife a new ______ as compensation.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Hartlines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
I started off with the Vortex-58" 53#@27". To this I've added the LX with both the recurve and longbow limbs-60"-51#@28"/62"-55#@28" respectively. Smooth,quiet,great cast and craftsmanship second to none. Kevin,Sue and the kids are just the nicest people to deal with and a priviledge to have gotten to know. The only problem I have is deciding on whether no.4 is going to be a 1-piece or take-down recurve. One thing for sure it'll be dressed in Bacote !!

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
Good to hear all of these replies.

I'll be getting my RER Recurve in the XR riser in about two weeks.  I've already been talking to Joe about an LX......if I love the riser as much as I think I'm going to.

I may have one on order, before the end of the month.

Glad to hear about the bocote, too!  That's one of the woods in my new 'curve.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
Kevin & Sue are great people and I love their products. I had the chance to spend some time with a 'short riser' prototype LX a few months ago and, I honestly like my one piece Vortex better. with that being said, I've had several RER bows and my little black Vortex is my favorite. maybe because it's just special.

:archer:

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
I own a LXR. Its everything mention above....the only other thing I will add is that they can be made with some top notch wood!! Here's mine.......

~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
To call an RER LX beautiful would be an understatement. I'm not a take-down bow guy but I had to buy the one Shawn Leonard had for sale. Quiet and Fast is a given. Workmanship is outstanding!
Shot it all day Friday at the Whittingham, NJ shoot. It Was Hot! That being said......

I hope to sell it back to Shawn soon. No way a reflection of this Great Bow. It's just me. I don't deserve to own anything so nice.    :rolleyes:  

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
I have shot that LX Ishiwannabe is talking about and all I can say is "wow".It's all bacote with bamboo cores,62" 55#@28 and a fast and sweet shooter.I've always been a recurve guy,have only shot a couple of longbows and never owned one,but I've been thinking hard about getting an LX.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
Sorry Mike,you posted while I was typing...and as you can tell I like your bow.   :D

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
I had a few contact me regarding the woods in my LXR. The riser is Zircote, and the limb veneer is Olive Ash Burl.

here are some more pics

~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
Wow is that pretty.  Good thing mine is already finished as I like that zircote.  I considered it but went with tiger ebony riser, actionboo core and black glass.  I'll try and post pictures.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Is it just me....or does that MORE resemble a 'curve?

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Jeff,

My bow is the model LXR; Longbow and Recurve limbs. In the above pics the longbow limbs are mounted on the riser and the recurve limbs were used to photograph.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©