3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinion of rivers edge LX ?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinion of rivers edge LX ?
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
That has been kind of my experience too Greg.  The recurve limbs may be a bit quicker, but they seem to be just as smooth.  I have been mostly a longbow guy, so that's what I have on my LX.  I haven't shot the recurve limbs long term, so it's hard for me to say that I could shoot them equally as well.  

I do have a deposit down and my name on "The List".  I'm thinking of getting either a set of the recurve limbs for my riser or maybe a whole different bow.  (Or maybe both  ;)  )
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Here is mine -

Offline MAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
I picked up a used RER Arroyo 58" 53#@28 mainly cause Whip is so high on these bows.  It came to my clinic last Saturday and I shot it in the afternoon.  Sunday was a New Hampshire White Mountain shoot near my house so I decided to give it a try.  

Those who know me also know the last thing I need is another bow and I rarely shoot a recurve!  Plus I tend to never keep score at shoots.  Well the group I was shooting with were all shooting wood arrows and I shoot carbon.  The wood arrow shot was closer than the aluminum/carbon arrow stake.  Not keeping score, I shot both stakes which was a total of 60 shots and had 2 misses...both on the closer stake.  I'm an OK shot but I was completely amazed how smooth and forgiving that bow was have just set it up the afternoon before.  

I'd show a picture of the bow but this one is one of the basic models black glass and action wood riser...no mater as I paint my hunting bows anyway   :bigsmyl:  Yes indeed she will be painted and a hunting bow for me.  RER Convert...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©