3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bass pro shop  (Read 458 times)

Offline rollin

• Trad Bowhunter
Bass pro shop
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
First off I would like to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the great info on this site. I have been reading on this forum for a couple months and have learned a great bit. The reason I am posting is I was reading another post were someone was asking about Martin bows. This past Christmas I decided to buy 2 new bows one for myself and one for my son as had expressed a desire to go hunting together.After doing some reserch I settled on the x-200 recurve and both of us being new to archery it seemed like a good match and as far as were conserned it was. Now to the point of this post I bought theses bows from the Bass Pro shop in Orlando becouse I wanted to see what I was buying in person and its close to the house. I was leary of buying over the internet. If your new to all this like I am and wanting to get into it I would not sugest buying from bass pro at least for the x-200 see at the time of purchase I did not realalise I was buying a older modal x-200 but for the same price as a new one. With the newer model you can use fast flight string ours you can not. Please dont think im crying im not were happy with our bows and this is no way a Martin bash.Just a warning to prospectave  buyers that if you buy one through Bass Pro Shop your eather getting an older modal or a differnt make of the same bow. Even there Web site shows a differnt model shown check it out! and at the new higher price. Buyer beware.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bass pro shop
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
yep, and there strings just sink!!!!!!!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
The X-200 you purchased may be made of diffrent woods from what is shown on the website.  But, it is still a new bow.  The X-200 model has been around for sometime.  Check with Martin and see if your bow will accept FF string.  Give them the serial number they can tell you the year it was made.

Offline rollin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
well I took your advice and called Martin they informed me both bows were made 2007 and are not fast flight approved guess bass pro must have bought a ton of these and are having a hard time getting rid of them. Im just glad I got mine when I did as the price jumped to $460 recently for an older model. Like I said in my first post if your going to lay down that much money at least make sure your getting the latest and greatest.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
I'm sure they will be fine with a B-50 bowstring and a lot quieter, too.
I undertstand your concern though, shelling out that kind of money.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Seems like BPS would take them back in exchange for a new FF model, did you ask them??
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline rollin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
BHF, the problem is they dont carry the new model check there web site. My son and I are not unhappy with our bows so no need to trade. Now if I payed $460 for a older model when I could of got the new model for the same or less elsewere then   :mad:

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Yeah I guess is no biggie if your happy! Its not like its a used model, still new! I hope you and your son enjoy the Journey, have fun and shoot straight!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
I am finding that true with a lot of the box stores. The archery department at the Bass Pro and the Gander Mountain near me have very little as far a traditional and most of the staff know very little, even about compounds.  Every once in a while you can find one person who knows their stuff.

Good luck.
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline chessieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Just to play devils advocate I work part time at BPS. I enjoy it and love the discount. I work in the archery dept. Now I've been there for about 2.5 years and think we've sold 3 trad bows in that time. Just keep that in mind. I'm not saying that they are right in marking up the price on the old bow to the new price but I know that many stores do it. I think that you hit the nail on the head when you say buyer be ware.

Offline el_kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
Rollin,
Good to have you and your son in the traditional archery community.  If it makes you feel any better, nobody shoots a longbow that's the latest and greatest, because recurves aren't the latest and greatest technological advancement.  

:)

They're only slightly younger than longbows.

Point is, they're fun to shoot!  Anything you shoot with it isn't going to care.  More importantly, neither is your son, because he got a new bow and he gets to shoot with his old man (and even cooler, occasionally he get's to shoot by himself).  

So pat yourself on the back and go put some arrows in a target.  You did a good thing.  BPS maybe didn't do such a good thing to you, but if you don't tell your arrows they'll never know.  Just stop shopping there and visit the tradgang sponsors.  I have bought a few new (to me) bows here on the classifieds and a few items from the sponsors and have always been treated very fairly.

Have fun!

Kirk

Offline rollin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Chessie boy: The 1/2" of dust on the bows when the saleman took them down did send up a red flag but was told they sold 2 to 3 a week. Kirk: quote[Just stop shopping there and visit the tade gang sponsors]...NOW YOU TELL ME!.....J/K  :D  ya fool me once.But seriously have already taken that advice and gotten a lot of tools, arrow parts, ect.(thanks 3R) we didn't even know we needed. Thanks

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
It's a bit of a learning curve, as I found out. I could of bought a much nicer used bow than the new one I got, but I have learned her quirks and she has adjusted to mine and now we love each other soooo much!    :wavey:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©