3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Craig Ekin - Ya' gotta give him a hand! - PICS ADDED  (Read 909 times)

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Craig Ekin - Ya' gotta give him a hand! - PICS ADDED
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
:clapper:  

On April 7th I called Howard Hill Archery and ordered a new Wesley Special. Picked out the riser wood, glass, tip overlays, etc. Then I gave them the exact handle dimensions I needed on the bow. I was told that it would be 4 to 5 weeks delivery on the bow. Hmm...I wonder if that's true or what they tell everybody. Most custom bowyers are 4 to 5 months and that stretches into an additional 4 to 5 and sometimes over a year.

Next Tuesday, May 5th will mark 4 weeks since I placed the order. So, last night I decided to send an email and check on the bows' progress. I received an email from Craig. My new Wesley Special is ready to ship. Gentlemen, that's three weeks and two days from the date of the order and it is shipping out TODAY! Well done Craig!
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Online Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Craig Ekin - Ya' gotta give him a hand! - PICS ADDED
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I'm going to have him make me one in the near future hopefully. That is really quick. Hope you enjoy it.

Show us some pics if you can.

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Yep, and as long as everyone continues to think that A Hill bow will knock your fillings out or give ya a brain tumor for shooting it    :bigsmyl:  Congrats on a sweet bow, and don't forget the pics!  :thumbsup:  

Ken
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline akalhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
I ordered a Big Five recently and received it in two weeks.  It is a great bow and on outstanding performer.
Lynn Hunt

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Craig has got to be the best I have ever had dealings with.Makes a great bow and his customer service is next to no one.You will be talking to him again Danny !!!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
I've bought a bunch of bows from Craig over the last number of years.  The best "Craig Story" I have is a few years back.  I was on the phone with Craig about some bow matter and we got to talking about the Bear Cub.  I was having severe shoulder problems at the time and told him that if I could get another of my restored antique sewing machine sold, I'd probably be ordering one, maybe 25#, to shoot until I got back in order.  Well, I think it was four days later someone bought one of my machines and I called Craig to order the bow.  His response:  "I put it in the mail this morning.  I knew you were hurting and needed something to shoot."  Sure enough, two days later a beautiful little 56" 26# Bear Cub showed up on my doorstep.  Now, admittedly, the Cub is a simple bow to build, but he had to have started on the layup about the time I hung up the phone on that first call!
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
I have ordered several bows from Craig over the years and, the longest lead time ever was six weeks (most delivered in 3.5 4 weeks). Craig is great guy to deal with and, a top notch craftsmen.

Glen in MA.

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
I ordered mine April 2, hit my door step 22 days later and looks and shoots great.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Here are the spec on my new Wesley Special:

Chechen (chi-chen) riser (to match the chechen riser on my Massie Model "M");

66"; 58# @ 28" black glass back and belly; 5th bamboo lamination brought down the sleeve to give some contrast between the black glass and chechen riser; elk antler tip overlays with laced elk handle wrap.

I'll get the pics posted when it arrives....Now, where is that FedEx truck?

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
Huh?   Wha' happen' to that "Wesley"? !!!    :^)
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Has Craig changed the specs to a take-down, hybrid?
 :)    :thumbsup:
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Please READ my last post. The riser of the Wesley is Chechen TO MATCH the chechen riser of my recurve....I only posted the pic of the recurve to show folks that don't know what chechen looks like....

Hope the pic of the recurve didn't cause anyone to stroke out.    :eek:

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
Can't wait to see pics of the finished bow.  I was looking at his web site last night considering placing an order.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
>>>Hope the pic of the recurve didn't cause anyone to stroke out. [Eek!]<<<

Momentarily came close... came close!   I:^)
Dick in Seattle

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
I'll have pics of the Wesley up as soon as it arrives.

Offline toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »
Craig is awesome!!!!  I have ordered a Redman, Sirocco and Wesley special from him.  All are great to shoot and was made to my spec's in the time frame he said.  Not only does he make a great bow, but him and his family are quite knowledgable and great people.  they have my buisness for as long as I live.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
It is sooooo refreshing to get a bow while you are still excited about placing the order!  I love doing business with Craig and Co. and love shooting those sweet sticks when they come.  I have three on the rack and keep thinking about what else needs to be in the collection.    :bigsmyl:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »
I also ordered a Cheetah from Craig and got it a week early. Flawless craftmanship and performance. I traded it because it was getting heavy for me ...must have been the bow cause I know I`m not getting weaker..lol.
  I`m wanting another as quick as the wife allows. Hate to admit it but after 24 years of marriage she still is the boss.RC

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dick in Seattle:
I've bought a bunch of bows from Craig over the last number of years.  The best "Craig Story" I have is a few years back.  I was on the phone with Craig about some bow matter and we got to talking about the Bear Cub.  I was having severe shoulder problems at the time and told him that if I could get another of my restored antique sewing machine sold, I'd probably be ordering one, maybe 25#, to shoot until I got back in order.  Well, I think it was four days later someone bought one of my machines and I called Craig to order the bow.  His response:  "I put it in the mail this morning.  I knew you were hurting and needed something to shoot."  Sure enough, two days later a beautiful little 56" 26# Bear Cub showed up on my doorstep.  Now, admittedly, the Cub is a simple bow to build, but he had to have started on the layup about the time I hung up the phone on that first call!
Thats an awesome story right there my friend!   :clapper:    :clapper:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
RC, you're a wise man. Any man who tells you that he is the boss in his household is either lying to you, or doesn't understand the concept.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©