3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sleeping indian vs. grey wolf  (Read 337 times)

Offline 1flyfish

• Trad Bowhunter
sleeping indian vs. grey wolf
« on: May 01, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on these two products. If the price was the same for a pair of pants which one would be the better buy,just wool with no wind block. It seems SI is a little thicker,but how about durability,anyone with experience with these pants help would be appreciated. Thanks and "Keepum flyin straight."
JD Berry Morningstar
Howard Hill Tembo
McBroom ASL
"Keep em flying straight"

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sleeping indian vs. grey wolf
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
I own both so here's my opinion.

SI is thicker.  I feel it's warmer than Grey Wolf due to the increased loft from the thicker material.

Grey Wolf is a tigher weave, comparable to felt.  I give it the nod for blocking the wind.

In terms of durability, I don't believe a guy could wear out either product in a lifetime of hunting.

If I had to choose one product over the other......it would be a VERY close call.  Too close to call for me.  I like and use both products.

Hope that helps.
Otto

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
I have both and feel both are superior. I reserve the SI for those "extra" cold outings since it is heavier and thicker (great for tree stand). I love the GW for all around wear in winter.  I believe SI is more expensive (similar to King of Mountain) and would choose GW.

However, being from the Northwest, it would not be right for me to close without mentioning Filson...which fits right between these two and is my overall # 1 choice.

BTW, last season I ordered a Day One outer garment and feel it too is a superior product.
Lon Scott

Offline 1flyfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:22:00 AM »
ttt
JD Berry Morningstar
Howard Hill Tembo
McBroom ASL
"Keep em flying straight"

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
I have the grey wolf with the wind blocker.  I went that route because it can be custom ordered to fit, and I have a "non-standard" body type.  I wore out the back of the pants above the pockets in about 7 years by carrying my lone wolf climbing stand (rough cast AL)  (5-10 miles per day X 30 days hunting a year X 7 years). Cost to repair was something like $30. I love mine and would go this route again, Warm with just a cotton t shirt base layer last fall in WI, top of a ridge, 19 degrees, 30 mph winds, sat all day. I would prefer filson if I could get it custom made to fit my dimensions because I think their wool is superior to all the others, and I know alot of guys who love their KOM and SI.  

Mike
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
Grey Wolf, hands down.

No disrespect intended to anyone here, but I REALLY don't like SI stuff.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©