3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: April Texas Sweat and the SEC / Swine Eradication Committee  (Read 511 times)

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
Just wanted everyone to know that a few good tradgangers with the help of Curtis from 7th age bowhunting did their part to control the onslaught of the Swine, mouse, lizard, and jack rabbit flu.  During a heated bought of stump shooting, we even taught many birds, bugs and ground sqirrels the meaning of traditional archery medicine.

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: April Texas Sweat and the SEC / Swine Eradication Committee
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
I got cut off  but wanted to thank Curtis for this experience and my newest and biggest piggy as of date.   It was about 225 lbs. of pure angry love but I also had a 300 plus pig within 12 yards before that monster busted me the night before.  I had a little fun if you couldn't tell.  When I figure out how to do it, I plan to post pics and give more details.  We had a blast and it was pleasure to hunt with my fellow tradgangers.  If they don't ban me, I will be back in February.  Thanks, Brent Hill

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
pics!

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Brent,

It was great meeting you and eveyone else. I really enjoyed the hunt. Hopefully, I'll have some photos next week. Like a moron, I left my duffle bag at camp, and Curtis is going to ship it to me. There goes turkey hunting this weekend (being stupid should hurt). My cameras, bow, arrows, clothes -- everything -- was in there.

Congrats again on that HUGE boar you shot Sunday. That was one big, angry critter.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
I will get photos up ASAP!!
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
This was a great experience for me and my friend Micah. We are new to trad hunting and I don't think that we could have shared camp with a better bunch of guys.

Everyone seemed to contribute to this hunt. Mark Horne helped us out with tuning our bows and we got to shoot a few of his as well. They are very nice. I will own one some day.

After some advice from Curtis and Mark on how to set up our blinds, Brent really took the lead in making sure that we all had a solid blind to hunt from. Your tools were invaluable and that sling blade axe thing worked great for cutting the brush. Thanks Brent.

Jason kept all of us entertained with his plethora of hunting stories and shooting experience.

Curtis was an awesome guy to spend quality time with. His positive and upbeat personality is contagious. We plan to make another trip to hunt with you.

Here are a few pictures of the hunt:

Brent and his hog May 4, 2009

Curtis and his hog May 5, 2009

Me and my first trad harvest May 3, 2009

And my second harvest May 4, 2009

Micah on the stalk.

What Micah was stalking and got away.

These guys were everywhere but not in season, next time!!

Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
Looks like you guys had a great time. Just missed you as we departed Friday am. We had a great time as always with Curtis. Sounds like the new ranch is loaded with Havies and Hawgs. can't wait for Texas Sweat 2010!!!
hunt it

Offline stringnoise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »
I had a great time hunting with you guys and am really looking forward to getting back to Texas. It was a great way to do my first trad hunt. The only thing I regret is not being able to stay a little longer. Congrats on the hog Brent, hes a toad!

micah

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
Great pigs and rabbits! Well-done!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
That is a cool looking hog, desert sand colored and all   :thumbsup:  Now for those of you who had not hunted with Curtis. I am sure you are hooked on going back   :D

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
Paul,

Is that javi photo from the windmill where I hunted Friday night? It sure didn't take long for the water to fill up once the clouds broke and the solar pump kicked back on.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jason R. Wesbrock:
Paul,

Is that javi photo from the windmill where I hunted Friday night? It sure didn't take long for the water to fill up once the clouds broke and the solar pump kicked back on.
Jason,

That is the spot and that windmill wasn't 15 yards from me when I took this picture. The wind was being fickle and I decided to move to the back up blind. I got out of blind 1 and was sneaking over to blind 2 when I came around the tank and that fella was getting a drink. Good thing I was in stealth mode and had the camera in my pocket at the ready.

The wind changed back, so I went back to set 1. A few minutes later a 150 to 175 lb pig came in to about 60 yards and then swapped ends and left the seen.

I can't wait til Javi season.

Paul

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
I was so bummed. I didn't realize I could practically WALK to the ranch. I'm sooooo close by!

Looks like a REALLY good time. Nice hogs!
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
Saw this one earlier...and was just notified of the pics....

Congrats guys....and that's one dandy red!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
Thanks, it was alot of fun and great to meet jason, paul, and Micha.  Great group to hunt with and I really enjoyed not being the only whacko with a stick.  When they said, lets go shoot lizards, they were reading my little mind.  I've never been on a trip where so many people got excited about shooting stumps and stuff with an arrow.  (Its usually only me)  Bhill

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Awesome!!    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©