3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tradgangers elk hunt  (Read 3223 times)

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tradgangers elk hunt
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
Dang I would love to go and track down a few ELK this weekend. BUT....I am going bow fishing and if I flake out on my friends they will hang me. I have been promising them for some time to go. Next weekend is the Apple Knockers Shoot in Hood River and I am planning on going to it as well. After that I am open to go. Or at least till the next shoot. I think your right the coastal hills would swallow up a few guys and that would be bad. I have been turned around in there my self many times. Over east you can at least see what your shooting at before it steps on you. Let me know Larry if you go again later.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
"GONE SCOUTING"   PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AT THE BEEP
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
haaaaaa...i'll go later on as well,need to work on my 78 chev sw/4x4 project that i've been neglecting
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
I am up for shooting the Apple Knocker on Saturday morning and then jetting over to Delintment Lake after the shoot.

Yeah, doing a shoot on Saturday morning then arriving at the lake in plenty of time to make camp and maybe catch a few trout before night fall sounds appealing.

Hike around all day Sunday and come back Monday.

I think I just talked myself into it   :D

Link to directions and campground:
 http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/pacficnw/och.htm
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
pm'd ya blacktail.......i'm down for that,sounds like a hoot

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
You guys are having ALL the fun! I'm stuck here MOWING  :banghead:    :banghead:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm....mow that grass ben....dont forget to edge to........  :D    :bigsmyl:    :D

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Larry, PM sent.   Jr.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
done for another week.... spent 3 hours at Twig Archery for the weekly Fri. night Trad shooT. 35 targets with some VERY creative shots/angles!!
Had a blast! Much funner than the mowing was!  :bigsmyl:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
still need the rest of the emails from those going

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
ttt
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
still need the emails of those who have not sent them

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
so far i have emails for: blacktailbowhunter,wannabe1,southpawshooter,hackbow,brent hill,sliveslingr,larry,guss,bamboo,travis and mike bolin. thats 11,over twenty said they wanted in...lets have those email addresses please............larry

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
Silly question, are we talking about sept 2009 or 2010.  I planned for 2010 but If everyone else thought 2009, I can be convinced with enough notice.  Thanks, Bhill

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »
still lookin for some email addresses

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
ttt

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
I went to Delintment lake over the weekend and did a little scouting.

My step son, nephew, and I put on a few miles and found several elk trails and droppings. There were 2 sets of tracks on the road near the Guard Station 2 or 3 miles from camp. There happens to be a large grassy meadow and creek right there, so I figure it is probably a decent area.

There were quite a few mule deer does, but we didn't see 1 buck.

The country appears fairly easy to navigate and it is open enough to make hiking fairly easy as well.

It looks like some of it could get fairly rugged, but not bad.

We didn't see any elk, but we did talk to a couple of guys that saw a herd of about 50 in the area.

We were looking for sign more than anything and shooting a lot of stumps to keep the boys entertained.

I plan to do at least 1 more trip over there this year and may hunt it this season to get a better feel for it.

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
nice area isnt it....theres elk there but i will have to show you my secret area i guess.the hunting will mostly be done away from the lake.there is one area that i have been told holds lots of elk during the rut..guess its a hike in there though roughly 5 miles one way,never went in there but i will go in and check it out.the best area by far is the area i will take ben this year.i have called in 20 bulls in one day in this area.this is where i have taken most of my bulls.its 20 miles from the lake but well worth the extra driving.i also have a couple of wallows on my gps...one is dry but the other is very active every year.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
i found another area fairly close to the lake that i will be scouting out real soon...been wanting to go in there for several years but never got around to it..this is in my opinion an area that all hells gonna break loose when the bulls start yellin at each other and the cows are singin.i have spotted a big wallow from google earth that looks to be a traditional wallow....i smell backstraps

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©