3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How trad do you go???  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How trad do you go???
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
Well George u and the boys can open the keg.. As I still have one more year before I can drink.. So I will stay with soda for now....  Yes sir if I am ever down in your neck of the woods I will stop by and say hello...

U take Care my friend,

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
We all have our different styles,I personally don't get into it but appreciate those that do,what ever makes you happy and is good clean fun is excellent.I'm glad that we are as diverse as we are always leaves room for a new experience.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
We sure do we all have our different styles which make archery so great.....

Cody

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Hey...Friar Tuck (Cody)!! That's some bad garb there! Being a history buff I like it although I'd not likely wear it myself. But, I don't wear camo either. I've always said this sport should be fun first & foremost. Above all, respect the animals you hunt. You have impressive character for a man so young. If it's fun for you then do it. We older guys can live vicariously through you & your merry men...to a time we might have done the same thing.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
Who said anything about an "argument"? When did just voicing an opinion become an argument? Wow, I thought this was a bunch of archers discussing archery. But I guess the new rules are if you dissent in your opinion you are arguing. Ok, I get it now and will leave my opinions to myself. As far as modernized. You bet. If we can do things better today from trial and error and the use of modern materials I'm for it. Does it mean that I don't appreciate the past and the ways of our forefathers...no, of course not. I like making and shooting selfbows and wood arrows. I want to learn to knap arrowheads. But dressing up in period clothing looks silly to me. If it is what you like, as I've said, go for it. Sorry I and others with different opinions were not accepted....what's the word...tolerance. I guess tolerance only works if you agree with others. Interesting.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Willrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
And for me as of yet I have not taken any game. I have spent several times out walking in the woods with my bow just watching, listening, and relaxing.

The purpose of this post wasn't to argue but rather find out the range people choose to go in their traditional or primitive archery. Its good to see the wide range from just using a trad bow all the way up to Cody and myself dressing like our ancestors.
Until next time
Willie
Ranger in training
Ben Pearson Strato Jet 50# recurve

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
Willrett U also wear grab great man.... what make bow wood bow do you shoot..

Take care,

Cody

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
If you guys want to see many guys and girls in grab u should go to some of the archery shows in England as 98% of people that go to them wear grab as it;s just a way of life and not only that but there history of the pople who made England.... What is it today and know one thank's it's funny... Dose any one think it's funny of how half of the Kid's here in the U.S wear holes in there pants and I am not bad talking them but I am sure there are some moms and dad's on here that have young kids and teens that do.. it's a why of life... I don't wear grab every time I go hunting or fishing I don't go shopping with it on..

I just enjoy it for the history and for fun....

Take care guys,

Cody

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Good for you Cody, have fun the way you want and not the way someone else says/thinks you should.

I see nothing wrong with dressing up in period clothes, have fun and enjoy.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
cody, you got my respect man. i think its cool what you do with the medeivel hunt crowd.it takes guts.i myself am of interest of a different era but thats for a whole different thread. but i still like everything that is history and i like to learn about everything history especially about my viking heritage. and i also agree with you since when has any game animal cared about what kind of clothing you were wearing when you shot or shot at them. a game animal usually smells , or hears our noisy selves to alert them of our presence first then looks for a visual to conferm their suspicions of danger. modern day camo would not have been invented if the u.s. had not participated in the vietnam war after learning from the enemy. and this fact is just a little off key for lack of a better term because i also knowthat the scottish also invented the guillie suit. soin light of loosely facted knowledge of modern camo . you got my vote cody keep at it. i for one have no interest in modern camo any more im goin fred bear style this year. maybe in the future i will venture into hunting in a certain era type garb.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys....

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Sorry, but it looks dorky!!. I've watched some of the sci events or whatever they're called. Not my cup of tea, nor do I understand why someone would want to play make believe and yes you're playing make believe.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »
We are not the same as the SCI...  and I am sorry to say we are not playing make believe...There is some thing you are missing from it the history of it all....what started archery the longbow, Good friends and the whole nine yards...
Can I ask u do u wear camo into the woods to hunt game which looks dorky to me u guys look like your playing GI Joe with all that camo on..?
I understand it's not every ones cup of tea which is cool with me...

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »
Cody....
i think the whole thing is way cool.I reckon it'd be a great experience and heck of a good and satisfying way to hunt. what bow ya flinging with in the photo's ? i bet someday soon you'll drop harvest yourself a great red stag and that'll shut a whole lot of the naysayers up.
if i had to explain "trad bowhunting" to a bunch of non hunters...i'd  have a easier time explaining it with you guys as an example rather than the 'head to camo covered in fake scent' path some follow. each is as valid as each other but i like the way guys and girls do your thing...
good luck to ya bro....

cheers

Ben in OZ
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 03:49:00 AM »
Can't do it myself... If I snagged my pantyhose just one time while hunting I think I would just go off.LOL
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
Some guys need to move out of moms basement and get a girl friend sheees.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Hey if someone is having fun I am all for it.It might be fun to get all decked out and look silly at times.I think I will wait untill halloween to put on my panty hose however.  ;)
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Willrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
I think some people need to think a little. I myself have a wife and child and I am still into it. So lets forget that anyone ever lived and dressed like this before in the world, oh wait if they never lived and hunted like this they would have died and we would not be having this discussion. By some of your guys thinking civil war reenactment groups are a joke, some groups live like that for weeks at a time. How about all the native American reenactments or rendezvous those people are dorky to. Any one can pick apart anything that they don't like or understand, its easy to do.

Nighthawk are you a perfect member of society that doesn't do anything that others disagree with? You dress like everyone thinks you should and act like everyone thinks you should? NO that's the simple answer every one is different. We do what we enjoy and some people don't like it.

And to "make believe" is to have an imagination and that is creative. If no one had an imagination in the world how dull would it be? Not all of your favorite movies or books are real. This web site is part of the internet that was created by some dorky guys with an imagination.
Until next time
Willie
Ranger in training
Ben Pearson Strato Jet 50# recurve

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
OK guys...this one has been beat to death on both sides and we really don't need name calling on this site, so this thread is closed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©