3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hidden hunter blind  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Rod Bear

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
hidden hunter blind
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
was looking at the Hidden Hunter blind. Looks pretty simple to me. Made in the USA. Would appreciate any comments on this blind,good and bad.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hidden hunter blind
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
I'm not sure I like how the floor looks. Lots of stuff (ribs)? to get in the way. Might be hard to set a stool where you want or place your feet without making the blind move. This comment is from the picture in the last 3Rivers catalog that I saw.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
The rods on the floor do not hinder use of the blind in any way, on the contrary they stabilize and strengthen the blind. The picture you referred to was probably taken on a showroom floor. On normal ground the small diameter rods will settle into the ground and you won't even know they are there. I've used these blinds for a number of years and have never had a problem while using a variety of chairs and moving them around in the blind.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
I purchased one from Ron this year (my season starts Sunday) the support bars on the floor do not get in the way (they lay flat on the ground - but not on concrete as Ron said) It is well made and has the room I wanted - sets up in about ten seconds - I got the DAT camo and it will blend in well with surrounding area. I am pleased with my purchase.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
What Ron and Rich said! This was my first morning in mine and I love it. The perfect combination of big and small, sets up in seconds.

Eric

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
Did any of you get the shoot through screens?
If so how do they attach to the window openings and how much do they cost?
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
I did not get the shoot through - I had them on another blind and didn't like them.

Offline woodhippie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
Do you thank the D.A.T camo hides as good as the natural gear. Which camo do you thank is the most universal.

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Hi All:
Hunted turkeys out of the hidden hunter this spring. The floor bars were never a problem for me. I got the DAT camo. Here is a color pict of the blind in the Oklahoma spring woods, no brushing in of the blind.

Here is same pict with color removed:

Turkeys don't mind a blind. If I were deer hunting out of it, a little brush wood make it disappear, I think.
CKR
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©