3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One With The Wilderness LOVE IT  (Read 637 times)

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
One With The Wilderness LOVE IT
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
Hello Guys, last week I got a copy of it from Mike....  All I can say is I LOVE THE BOOK.. If some of you have not got the book GET IT....

Mike GREAT JOB my friend....   :clapper:       :clapper:      :clapper:  

Take Care guys,

Cody

I hope I get more time to read the rest of it...
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One With The Wilderness LOVE IT
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
I second that!  Great book, thanks Mike for putting pen to paper.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I am in the process of refining the book with improved edits and the addition of over 10 more pages of full color images on enhanced paper. This second edition is essentially the same book as the first edition, but will put me in a better position to accept help from dealers.

I have placed one of the stamped, numbered, autographed first edition copies up for bidding on St. Jude’s forum #2. I hope that this book will bring joy to a collector and provide a little support for the kids at St. Jude’s who are facing a tough challenge. Mike

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Great book so far. Sure don't want to tangle with a pissed off moose !!!!!!
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
I am reading mine and like it a lot as well. GREAT Job Mike.

Bill Wright
Aim Small

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Great book by a great man. Thanks Mike  :)

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
"Great book, by a great man"... I will second that!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
I agree, excellent book  :readit:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
Almost done with mine. I will be going over it again with a highlighter. Thank you Mike, you are an awsome inspirtation.

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
I agree with all the above. If I may add one criticism of it Mike, I would say you need to hire another proof reader for spelling mistakes. Gene and Barry just ain't cutting it.  :)
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
SWP- I know what you mean. I kind of rushed to get it to print so that my wife could read it. But now I'm blessed to have a chance to clean things up a bit with the printing of the second edition.
Believe me; I heard it all from Dave Petersen. :>) But overall, it seems folks are connecting to their past through this book. Thank you all for you comments and critique. I also learned a lot through this process, and have been inspired and touched by many of your testimonies. Mike

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
My wife bought it for my birthday! I've had it since the 4th of May and every time I walk by it, I have to pick it up! awesome read, the story's put you right there! I'm glad I've had the oppertunity to read it!! Thank's Mike, excellant book, Jason

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
That settles it...I have to get a copy.

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
Can't blame you for that Mike, glad you got to share it with her. I think everyone can find a least one thing they can identify with in your book,I try to read at least a little everyday and from what I've read I'm thinking it will get re-read several more times!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 05:59:00 AM »
Very good book.I wouldn't worry about it Mike. It makes the book that much better. Nobody is perfect a little miss spelling here there won't hurt a thing.People shoudn't be so nitpicky. I say keep it the way it is..Life is Good..

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
I'm with Tdog, well put!!! Jason

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
AAAHHH!!! Last night I read about the fella in the tent with all the ticks in bear camp.  One crawled into his ear and attached to his eardrum!!!   :scared:   Whats worse getting pummeled by a moose or having a tick digging around in your head!!   :eek:   Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Joe, that’s funny. Many folks are telling me they can relate to the finer details of the book, but when I wrote about those things I thought they would only be important or of interest to me. Boy was I wrong. Ha! I’m glad you’re enjoying it. Mike

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 03:31:00 AM »
I enjoy Mikes insights about the hunts,it's just not about killing game but about the stalk and effort that goes into it,well done,thanks Larry.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Aw, man, I just read the Mauled by a Moose chapter--didn't know whether to laugh or not!  Now I can't wait to read about the tick guy.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©