3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: the older the softer?  (Read 645 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: the older the softer?
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I think each hunt, if you listen to your instincts, dictates whether you drop the string on an animal. I love to hunt. Harvesting an animal does not make or break that specific hunt for me.
There are some good replies here. I admit freely there is a humbling(i.e. Sad) moment after I kill an animal. I think of the seasons it has seen, and the ones it wont. Im thankful(usually) it was a good clean kill, and the animal suffered as little as possible.

To each their own I guess. I guess Im basically saying each person has the right to choose whether or not to shoot/kill their quarry, or just watch it...I know I do both when the feeling strikes.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: the older the softer?
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
MY TAKE ON THIS IS THAT I HAVE LEARNED THAT IN THIS WORLD, WE PREPARE OURSELVES TO ACCOMPLISH WHATS NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN PROVIDING THE FIVE BASICS WE ALL NEED;  WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, AIR, AND LOVE.  WE CAN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT ANY ONE OF THEM;  NOW THAT I'VE TRAINED MYSELF TO ACQUIRE FOOD USING TOOLS I CAN MAKE MYSELF (A BOW AND ARROW), AND HAVING BECOME PROFICIENT ENOUGH IN THEIR USE TO DO THAT BY ACTUALLY "DOING IT", I STILL HUNT BUT DON'T TAKE ANYTHING I DON'T NEED OR INTEND TO EAT OR THAT HAS'NT BECOME A THREAT TO ME OR MY LOVED ONES.  

I LOVE PRACTICING WITH MY ARCHERY EQUIPMENT AND DO A LOT OF TARGET PRACTICE, KEEPING MY SKILL-LEVEL SHARP, SO IF THE NEED ARISES I CAN FEED MYSELF AND THE ONES WHO DEPEND ON ME.  I DON'T NEED TO TAKE AN ANIMAL JUST TO PROVE I CAN; I'VE DONE THAT.   SOUROWL
SourOwl

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©