3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fletching Clearance  (Read 216 times)

Offline wharvey

• Trad Bowhunter
Fletching Clearance
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
A few months ago I asked about a problem I had with the fletching hitting my right knuckle when shooting. Many suggestions were made which solved the problem. However I discovered something interesting last week.

I made a new string from my bow and this one gives me the correct brace height without a excessive number of twists. I had been shooting at the very low end of the brace height range to avoid the extra twists. With the new string that was no longer necessary so I increased the brace height to near the top of the range. Since then I no longer have the problem with the fletching hitting my knuckle.

I find this strange but love the fact as now I no longer have to either use one of the work around solutions or put a piece of mole skin on my knuckle for protection from cuts. I really find it amazing that I can adjust the fletching clearance by just changing the brace height.   :confused:
Bill

Martin Howatt Hunter 35#@28"
Martin Hatfield 55#@28"
Grey Ghost 40#@28"

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching Clearance
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching Clearance
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
Changes the spine of your arrow and depending upon the tiller it may change your nock height.Any it is good to hear things are better.Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©