3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee  (Read 780 times)

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
i have a boblee signature elite and was wondering if anyone else has one and what the think , also i was wondering if i could make antler limb bolts for it
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
Great bow.  I have a Signature that I've often contemplated selling but it's just one of those bows that you can depend on.  It shoots great and will never let you down.  As far as I'm concerned the Lees have pretty muched perfected their design and there isn't much need to mess with it.  

I'm sure you could make antler limb bolts but would you want two antler bolts on each limb?  I'd like to see it if you do.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »
I have one with 3-sets of limbs 2-recurve and 1-longbow,the knife handle and other misc.handles were made with drop offs of the riser that Rob sent me.

Offline Mike Byrge@home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
The bezel used on the Bob Lee limbs inserts into the limbs so making antler limb-bolts would not be straight forward.  If you could find some bushings that fit the limbs it would work.  I've thought about making some but I don't think it would look good with one antler-bolt and one regular on the same limb, and two antler-bolts per limb would be too much IMO.

Great bows...I've tried many and the Lee take downs are my favorite.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I have a 64inch, 66# BL Signature that I'm just starting to shoot. It is a very efficient bow and throws my 730 gr arrows very well. I'm with the others, not sure about how the antlers bolts would look. But if you figure it out please send us a photo.
Kip- Your bow and knife set look very classy. Mike

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
I was at a bow shoot yesterday at Waukegan Bowman club in south east Wis. where I watched a guy shoot at moving ping-pong balls floating up and down on a cushion of air from a vacuum out-port. He stuck eight of them. Keep in mind you have to center punch the floating ball at 18 yards in order for it to stick. He was using a Bob Lee Signature and told us it was his favorite bow. Ha! We could all see why- it fit him well! Ha!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
I just bought a Bob Lee T/D longbow off the classifieds. Should be here by the end of the week. Can't wait to try it out,I also like heavy arrows 725 gr, Lam- birch,cant wait to try 'em!! Always heard good stuff about The Lee bows, hope they were right!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
I have a older signature,very nice shooter, I am as accurate with this bow as any recurve I own.

Antler limb bolts would be difficult for sure.

Question?  has any one seen (in person) the shedua models. Wondering how nice the wood is? Shedua, from what I have seen on other bows is not the prettiest of woods, maybe they got their hands on some nicely figured wood, just curious.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
I bought the Classic Elite Takedown longbow in 2007 and I love it. Its not the fastest bow but, Its a great shooting bow.

Darren
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
Bob Lee Signature td longbow with short riser 53@27,I love to shot different bows and tend to shoot my other lighter bows , but when hunting comes these is my go to bow it is smooth and i always tend to shoot straight the weight on the riser helps make you a better shot , excellent bow!!!!! I am looking on buying another low weight for my wife
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Yes I have seen the Shedua classic or elite with micarta(not sure)Mike Byrge recently purchased in the longbow riser,I wish he would have posted a pic.He told me it shoots as good as it looks and he can shoot and it looks good.To answer nkw880 questions I love my Lees and they have killed some

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
I also have another older riser and a bunch of limbs that fits me perfect also.Kip

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I got a Bob Lee from a guy and I am send back to Bob Lee to have a new set of limbs and the old limbs taken down a 5 pounds I love this bow, down the road I will get a Long Bow from Bob Lee. Blake

" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »
Great bow, I love my classic elite 48 at 28.  I have already ordered a second set of limbs for her.  For me, she shot better than my psa 111 so I sold that one.  Bhill

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Kip--nice idea with the accessories--good job!

I wish Lee's would offer choices of exotics woods. I can certainly understand why they don't but I would really love to have a Myrtle/Bolivian Rosewood Signature Elite Recurve.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
thanks everyone for your help
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline cajnhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Hey Kip, that is a nice looking lee you have there. I see that is a great hunting bow also. I have a couple recurves, one older 62" and a newer short riser 58". They both shoot great. I was thinking of maybe trying a Widow but after shooting one this past weekend at the Sherburne 3D shoot I changed my mind. I'll stick to my Lee's.
Also Kip, did you shoot the Sterling Harold shoot a few weeks ago. I shot on Sat, lots of fun as always.
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
I have one and the handle is way too chunky.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 07:22:00 AM »
Hi Tony  I bought a predator very nice bow but no better than what I had with my Lees.I tried a 56" last season O.K. but not enough diff to have 3-of them so just kept my 2-58".I shot the Sterling pretty good Sat. but Sunday terrible.I did not spend a lot of time there b/c out of town family at home.Kip

Offline cajnhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
Kip, I know what you mean. I keep thinking I need to get a different kind of bow but I keep coming back to my Bob Lee's. They may not be the fastest but you cannot find a better shooter in my eyes. I guess they just fit me and my style of shooting.
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©