3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need help with limb vibrations  (Read 355 times)

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
need help with limb vibrations
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
I'm shooting a Quinn Stallion Classic 60" #47 @ 28" drawn to 27.25". It has an 8 strand B-50 string with 6 extra strands padding the loops.  I've got 2 sets of Hushpuppies, one @ the 1/4 and one @ 1/3. Also wrapped the ends with Bowhush and noticed a big difference afterwards. My bow shoots with a thud that to me is too loud, but my wife says I'm too anal and "It's not as loud as you think". My problem is there's a bass quitar like humming coming from the limbs after the thud. My nocks fit loosely, and the brace height is set @ 8". The limb bolts are tight, there's a good fit on the cork between the limbs and the riser and I even rubbed wax in the cork. My next step was going to be Limbsavers but I thought I'd ask for some advice first. Anyone else been able to fix an issue like this?
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline crandog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need help with limb vibrations
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »
Will it handle D97 or 450+?  They might be worth a shot.  Pardon the pun.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »
I think the 8 strand b-50 would have alot of creep and or too much elasticity.I would try a dynaflight,8125 or 450 string on it.

If you want to shoot B-50 I would try a 12 strand or  14 strand and see if that helps.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
I have noticed on some bows with dacron when I silencers to the string it increased handshock vibrations.Like said if your bow can handle low stretch string materials I would try D97 with bow hush and hush puppies.This combo made a Black Widow I had very quiet,I would get comments from other shooters how quiet it was.B50 like said said has too much elasticity or try a 12 strand B50 with less extras on the string.

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
I guess I'll have to order a string shortly, anyone have a favorite maker? I don't have anything but B-50 right now or I'd make my own.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
I would highly recommend going with 8125 from Rock mountain specialty gear (www.rmsgear.com) a sponser on this site.  It is fast and really quiet, stops the strum and hum of the shot.  Takes very little time to shoot in the new string.

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
Get rid of the b-50 and you will be a step ahead.8 strands does not seem like very much for b-50.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
Will have to agree, low stretch, creep string material definitely has less vibration in the bow limbs then B-50 when I tested them awhile back, not to mention more tension feeling on the string when drawing.  Also, limbsavers will help, definitely won't hurt!  Mark
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©