3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: In this recession what are you..........  (Read 1134 times)

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: In this recession what are you..........
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
They are moving a business out of town that has been there for over one hundred years. That is going to cause some collateral damage for the local economy. Oh well, tighten the belt another notch.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
I saved my arrows and didn't shoot any pigs at Rays place so those less fortunate would have more opportunities!!     :thumbsup:      :rolleyes:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
That "less fortunate" phrase is cute.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
:rolleyes:        :rolleyes:  
Shoulda told me thats what you were doing Molson . I would have takin Ladd instead.

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
The recession hit me pretty good.  My last company decided to cut all commissions 3 times over the last 2 years.  I took a huge pay cut (over half).  I just took another job making more than what I was making before the cuts.  Man do I feel lucky.
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
I'm buying wool for hunting clothes at a Savers thrift store.

I only have 1 bow now. I likely won't another anytime soon.

I like to trade/barter over buying.

I clip coupons for everything.

I grow a garden, and can a lot of stuff.

I traded my gorgeous Charger bass boat for a smaller Nitro and got $3750 cash to boot. Still got a boat, and used the $3750 for other needs.

I'm trying to refinance at 4.25% for 15 years.

1 trip out of state now instead of 2  - and if I don't draw my KS tag no out of state hunting at all.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I am buying less beer; and cheaper beer.

Really - I have one brother that has worked in the same place for 17 years that is getting laid off; an older brother that is bracing for a job loss; even though he is financially set for it; and a third that is also wondering if he is walking the plank- after 35 years working in the same place- he is looking at no retirement plan from there ( they took that away a few years ago) - and he is 15 years from social security.

My oldest son is watching his son graduate from high school this weekend; and for the first time he is jobless (just this week -  'restructuring' of the company he was working for).

My one brother bought a house for 160,000; and due to the economy; it is now worth 120,000 to the tax man - but in reality it would sell for 80 grand MAX. He has paid off over 40 grand; but without a job - he can't make the house payments. So it could sell for 40 grand less than what he still owes.

Its a sad sad situation... and its getting more and more absurd....
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
The lifestyle I live allows me to enjoy life at a low cost. Thats what I love about the outdoors!!! I am planning on staying with most of my current gear and refraining from spending on new stuff.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Yelloweye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
The Co. I worked for close the branch I was employed at for 23 years.  Stocking up on stuff now just got strings. Needed a new tree stand going to make a guillie suite instead. Was debating on getting new arrows but not sure now. Good news is I have plenty of time to scout and do some fishing.  I don’t recall volunteering for this……

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
No debts, pay my monthly bills on time, spend less than I earn, hunt a lot. Going to Quebec and Utah plus hunting around home. Texas as usual next winter. For an old hippie like me, being broke holds no threat. Until then, I will keep wracking up the memories for rocking chair days.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
Way to go Shaun! That's what I'm talking about!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
I FEEL SO DAMNED LUCKY THAT I RETIRED ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO;  WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED SIMPLY, AND WE GET BY JUST FINE RIGHT NOW; WHAT I DO DIFFERENT THO, IS IF I HAVE A LITTLE EXTRA CASH, I'LL HIRE SOME OF MY HARD WORK DONE AROUND THE FARM INSTEAD OF DOING IT MYSELF.  THAT GIVES THE HIGHSCHOOLERS AND OUT-OF-WORK PEOPLE A SMALL INCOME, AND SOME SELF-ESTEEM THAT THEY'RE STILL NEEDED.
SourOwl

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
Taking more care about prioritization.  Hunting gets pretty high priority, not planning any expensive hunting trips, but my wish list is kind of done for right now so that's no sacrifice.

The wife is out of work right now, but her income has always been "extra" anyway.  How are we dealing with it?  "We" (She) started two small businesses and she is working on a third.  I wish I had my wife's energy level.

I'll be hunting in Montana, Missouri and around home this year, planning on a month off total this fall, plus every evening and weekends, couple weeks in August and 1st of October through mid January.  I refuse to let the jags in the government ruin NOVEMBER!

Mainly I'm just planning on working hard and hunting harder.... November is only 162 days away!

Ryan

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
It always amazes me the attitude, "If it ain't affecting my world, I don't care." Good shootin, Steve

Offline IronCreekArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
I have been a student for the better part of 10 years now and have not had a lot of money during those years.  I recently got married and money has actually started flowing a little better due to the combined income (allthough still minimal).  I plan on mainting my current state of gear with one or two exceptions and hunting hard when school allows and stocking the freezer to cut into the grocery bill.  Good luck in this depression and my prayers are with all...
We do not rise to the occasion.  We fall to our level of training.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
I got laided off at work, large reduction in work force , so Im starting me a internet Biz...working from home, wish me luck!  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©