3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: G2-Sweaters-ARE BACK  (Read 12486 times)

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: G2-Sweaters-ARE BACK
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
If you get right down to it Vermonster, it's WWF on WWF action, right there!  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
With Vance higher on the hill than I was I could just barely make out the goats that were feeding out in front of him.

We'd decided to make the most of the situation with bows and camera since it was our first stalk together on this trip and we got way more than we bargained for.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
Seeing Vance kneeling there in those rocks still sends a shiver down my spine. I think I still have lumps on my poor old knees from the rocks on that ranch... and I bet I'm not alone.

It wasn't long and we had goats literally surronding our position. I guess we looked enough like part of the scenery to pass. For the first time in a long time the only place there wasn't game was dead down wind... that doesn't happen often when stalking.

Matter of fact, you can usually count on the first animal to get there a long time before the one you want to shoot gets anywhere close.

Finally a goat slipped past Vance and into a position I could take advantage of, but I decided to hold out for something bigger.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
I brought home some of my WWF wool for tying up flies.  But that white wool under Vance's cap sure looks better  :)   Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Maybe you could talk him out of a swatch, Doc?  ;)
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
Do you think he could spare it? ROTFL
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Only from around his ears!   :bigsmyl:   My make his hearing aids work better also!

Brent

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
You Fellas are so KIND and Sensitive  :banghead:

That's my best WINTER CAMMO

Jeff, it's a bit fine for flys, not much FLOAT left.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
John,

I noticed that right off! Hey Charlie, in the first pic Vance has a rubber blunt on the end off that arra! I saw that the broadheads didn't penetrate those WWF all that good, how did that rubber blunt work?
hunt it

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »
Vance ya know we love ya though.

Brent

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
I was in a VERY stressful position  :scared:    :scared:  

Taking into consideration of what MIGHT happen when I hit anchor and given the state of my travel funds, seemed like a good choice on the string at the time. There was a WW close at hand though  :biglaugh:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
You were an awful long ways away from the chow line at the time Vance, I totally understand.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
With rubber blunts you gotta hit em in the right spot Dave. Not the shoulder either.
Vance was probably using the blunt in case of pre mature , well you know.
Funny Jeff , when I saw all that white wool on Vance I thought that he would make a good WWF decoy.
Vance , how would that white stuff work for spey flies?

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
Just catching up on the last few pages....nice to see those latest pics.

BTW......did you all know that there's not a pic of Rob and his goat on this thread?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
Well let's see iffin we can get that fixed.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
Thanks Bull....   :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
As you can tell the 2 elder HUSKY BOYS were having a ball.

When we got ourselves in to position and could finally determine how many and what we really had in this Flock, Covey or Gaggle, we decided to make the best of the sneak for some photos.
Charlie had just about used up his knee, so he allowed he would shoot the photos and I would do the final stalk and full draw on them rascals.
In the end as Charles said we had them WWFs completely surrounded. And I was able to get a photo of this little fella or fellett, when they discovered what they had done.

I really wasn't sure where Charlie as making his stand behind me, so after the bust I looked for my partner. Found him so well hidden about 15ft. behind me. See if you can pick him out.

Our cup was over flowing on what we had just pulled off. The trip back down had been completely forgotten   :scared:    :scared:  
The real challenge faced Lam"O" get to the truck and for me, we weren't all that far, time wise from dinner. As Charlie made his body ready for the decent, I was pondering my next step.

Do I leave him to his own vices to get to camp and go ahead to the truck and make dinner time.
OR do I stick with mim and take a chance that we might make dinner on time  :banghead:    :banghead:  
Like I often say "Choices are the main ingredient in Confusion"

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Talk about shot placement! check out the picture of them drag'n that goat; it doesn't get any better than that!

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
I’m a three year now convert to Traditional only archery. I have had a Bear TD Hunter several decades. I really always enjoyed shooting it and bow fishing with it. Just never took the leap and got away from those other things. Well three years ago I gave them up totally, and haven’t looked back. I just was not having fun before, extremely successful hunting. It was just without any joy anymore.
     Had this not happened, I would have missed out on the most enjoyable hunting trip ever. And my past trips have been Idaho & Wyoming twice, Iowa 7 times Colorado,Arizona,,South Dakota,New Mexico & Nebraska. So it’s not like I haven’t been anywhere.
     It’s just that this trip was really special; I had not looked forward to one as this ever. And it turned out to be everything and more. A lot of it had to do with these guys.

I'm missing a couple in the picture, they where a little more hard core hunters! As we where kicked back midafternoon. Enjoying a cold one and having some laughs.
     As far as I'm concerned this trip was priceless. And such a treat to share a camp with all these fine gentlemen.

Brent

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
I was a little skeptical about the goat & sheep hunting. I wondered just hard could it be to harvest one of these. WOW that was a short lived assumption on my part. And it only took one day of hunting to realize just hard it was going to be.
     They may look like your average barn yard goat, but there not! And mixed in with the rugged terrain and baseball size rocks everywhere underfoot.  And normally 20 to 60 eyes watching at all times on red alert. They where no push over by any means.
     I did manage to get lucky, right spot, right time and managed to finally pull this off.

I have been lucky and harvested a small mountain of venison with those other things. But this black old goat, is one of my finest throphys to me. And one I've had to work the hardest for also!

Brent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©