3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: G2-Sweaters-ARE BACK  (Read 12483 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: G2-Sweaters-ARE BACK
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
That's good hunting to get one of those Brent...they were tough for certain.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
Thanks JC happy birthday I hear! It was those Sheep that where the tough ones. Had several really close encounters. Started to draw the string once, but had a ewe bust me. And never got a shot at the Ram. Right spot just a little off on time! Just like the one above that Dave Stinson has up top! Just makes me want to go back and try again.  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Just got in from another 3 day hunt and sat down to stroll through a few pages of Sweat. Good stuff and great memories fer sure. Glad you guys are still reliving moments. That's what the whole thing is all about. I actually got out and hunted a few days myself this trip. Shot myself a nice hogs and a squirrel. My Grandson shot his first hog too. His was 225#. about 75# larger than mine. Good to see you guys still living it up. Hope to see some of you again real soon! CK

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
You got grandkids? Wow and old enough to hunt. Thats really great CK surprising though. You don't look like grandpa material yet! My gears are clanking and grinding. Coming back and hog\\javie hunting is a gotta do with you. I'll be back! Granted you can put up with me again!

Brent

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Brent,  When you sign up for that, let me know.  I'd certainly tag along.  Nothing better than hot Texas, javie/hogs, & CK.  Oops can't forget to add Gary & Tecate  :)   Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Ya know.....reading this thread makes me wish I could have stayed for both hunts.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Now I understand why everything was soft and easily chewed    :bigsmyl:    He's like the rest of us GRANDPAS

That Texas sun keeps wrinkles all ironed out.  :biglaugh:  

I tip my hat to you OH GRETIAN GOD   :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Jeff it would be a honor not mention a lot of fun to share a camp with you.   :scared:  We might burn up into crispy critters then! Then again I really like pork skins with a little BBQ flavor! Probably be able to skin em out, lay them in the sun. Snack in a few hours! Jeff are you game also for river night bowfishing? I'm thinking shooting one of those 5-6 ft gars would be a real trip. I'm a little spooky in dark strange places. But sure not to jump out of the boat.   :bigsmyl:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
I wanna Play too  :jumper:  

I figure that if we half-ta wait a year , at our age it'll be like a whole new event meetin each other again. Complete Strangers  :eek:    :eek:
It won't take a full year for me if I quit lookin at Pictures

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Looks like at least a 3 some!  I remember those boat fishing pictures from last years post.  Very fun indeed...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
Terry,  I definitely thought that last year with only 3 days of hunting!  As much as I'd liked to have been on the 2nd hunt, I would have had to slow down on the G-1 to get thru G-2 with all the climbing & old legs  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Jeff......there was a day or two in between hunts where a man could have rested up at camp......and definitely got a 2nd wind for the 2nd hunt.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
All right Vance, Curtis said something about needing bait  :readit:    :bigsmyl:  Would ya mind bring my cooler, wups you got a cooler I can borrow.  :bigsmyl:  I can see Vance now hiding his own easter eggs on Sunday!  :jumper:  

Brent

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
OK,  Next year...2 weeks!  I'm in  :)   That was my personal hunting goal for 2007/08...to do more hunts with tradgangers.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
If I just had not amused my wife with a week in Co. Dangit I would have had a extra week this year. I'm cutting her off  :banghead:  yeah right  :eek:  All smoke no fire, never mind I did good. Vance how much is a room at the Rye Grass? Need any fences fixed?
  :pray:  Glad she don't read this stuff, I would need a room!

Brent

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Yikes...Someone grab me a shoppin cart.

Tippit Knife, Campbell Knife, Jeremy Knife, Tatoo Knife, Nother Morrison and Horn. There went my Pickup and Camper.

Brent... wanna buy a Really Really NICE COOLER ?
$600.00 TYD

AND 2 weeks of SWEAT  :help:    :eek:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
No thanks Vance its garage sale season. Already picked me up a nice grocery kart. There dang unhandy hitch hiking. Only truckers pick ya up, thats real spooky. Meet ya at the Chisholm trail, by the big rock.
   :campfire:  

Brent

Offline Gary Kellar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
Hey . . . yall run outta pittures to post. You got my stomach so sore from laughing I'm about to puke!

How about them Pecos River Carp???

Here's the king of Sweat Bowfishing (Mark Horne, left, being supported by Rick, no bow, Savage) toting a nice arrow of Carp. I think Mark enjoyed the bowfishing because it didn't require climbing the mountains to get it done!

Here's the same fish on the skinning table. The circles indicate the entry/exit point. Pretty consistent shooting there Mr. Horne.

Curtis (Littlefeather) Kellar and Charlie Lamb with a nice one taken by Curtis with the Little Delta Bow.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Hey.....do ya'll let Rick Savage near a computer?

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
There are still a couple of fellas that have failed to report in with much. Not mentioning any names, but who's initials are Big RON and Walt.

In light of what Mr. Walker has been doing we'll cut him some husk.

Now BIG Ron came to us as quite a surprise, if I may say so, Not that Bob Walker wasn't just in other ways. Now with a handle like BIG RON HUNTS ALOT, you would naturally figure a King Sized Bed Fella right. Turns out maybe a Twin or even a single. This guys the runt of the litter, ( just gettin even fer the stump shoot Ron, relax)
 Well BIG Ron, Bob, and I allowed that we need to take a stroll down the sands of the ole creek bed, lookin for Cats, Javies, displaced people whom should not be there or other things of value.
We started out great until some damn Tom Turkey started hollerin. Off went BIG Ron like he was on a string, straight way towards that hollerin. I knew what was happening. A turkey hunter is just like a Hen when they hear that gobble. At that point I was really glad that Guru had not come along we would have had 2 MIAs at lunch, and Curtis had been quite specific about "LEAVE THE TURKEYS ALONE" not quite like that but that's close enough for the girls we go with.
Bob having never experienced the thrill of the gobble or the STRUTT was quite taken with what was now happening. Three of the Big Boys were hollerin at each other and headed straight at us.
And where's BIG Ron and his yeller fletched arras, in a bush with a grin on his face that would light all Kansas at midnight. You could see those teeth for MILES. That boy was happier than a Pig in Mud.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©