3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zippers & Trad Gangers: Lots of pics!  (Read 1024 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zippers & Trad Gangers: Lots of pics!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
Here is a pic of Tradspirit shooting and a couple he can tell you about.

TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
I tell you, this was one of the best hunts I've ever had. And I didn't even see anything. I just couldn't seem to get over the fact that I was sharing a blind with Bill, hunting birds in such an amazing place. Who could ask for more for a first out-of-state hunt?
 Even though we didn't see anything, Bill and I spent the morning just shooting the bull and swapping hunting tales. What a great, down-to-earth guy...

Oh, and speaking of great guys, I was treated to a shooting lesson with Dave after the hunt. Now that was spectacular. He did more for my shooting form and accuracy in five MINUTES than anything else has in the past five years. It took me a bit to catch on (all the fault of yours truly), but once I did, I was experiancing a consistancy I've not been accustomed to. And the fact that he actually took the time to teach this hard-headed archer the error of his ways still impresses me.
 Good company, good scenery, good weather. A quick utorial that will probably bring my shooting to a whole new level. Heck, I even heard a response from a turkey, which is more than I get some days. All in all, today was one of the best days I've ever spent with a bow in hand...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
As seen by the before and after pics above, five minutes with Dave seems to be all it takes. I've gotten groups like that before, but never with the level of consistancy I was seeing today. And today's only just the beginning. With all Dave showed me, I think I'm going to have to start buy alot more shafts....
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
Hopefully you'll do more than hear one Monday.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Gotta love that rut in the grass. Bill is enough of a turkey nut to drive to SC and VT in one season to chase after them.  Congrats on the good clean fun.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Norb, Bill brought bows all the way down to 33#s, you were thought of with Zippers involved that would be good building back up bows for you..
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
David,
Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bill

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »
Looks and sounds like y'all had a heckuva time.

Some beautiful bows hanging on the rack.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »
Ditto what Chris said,I was drooling looking at that rack of bows.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline LONGBOWKID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »
:o  Even the BOW RACK is curly maple!!!!
Turkey Creek Longbows
60" 46#@29"
62" 51@29"
62" 61#@29"
62" 77#@29"

Holm-Made Osprey
60" 67#@29"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »
I'll give you all a tip. If you've been thinking about a Zipper, get it ordered now. Bill is going to have to raise his prices this summer and his list is at 7 months or so right now. You can't go wrong with any of his bows and he makes the best Zipper Bows I've ever shot. I'd put the new ones right up there with anyone's and you won't find any bow that's any easier on the eyes or made any better.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
Thanks for all of the pics and information, Dave.  Ever since they started building the riser with the narrower grip, they've been calling my name.  So far, I have held off from taking the plunge...but ya never know if temptation will eventually win out!  ;)  

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
What a great time,Bill and Tracey are great down to earth people and a joy to be around. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Though I have a Zipper thats special to me and we have been thriugh alt including the truck incident. There will be a new one coming to live with me soon, I fell in love with the sxt bows and the osage and zircote to be honest, the foam cores and the longbow limbs are smokin' fast and deadly, I have never shot such a nice bow and one as well as I did that. The turkeys did not cooperate as planned but it was fun all the same got to share a blind with my best man Dave (a little cramped though). Chris I hope you get back up to chase birds as I did not get a chance to really talk to ya, looks like Dave really helped you alot, but that seems to on par for Dave. Hope all had a good trip home and look forwrd to seeing every body again and maybe some more time in the timber chasin" critters.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Well,we made it home in one piece.Tracy and I got in at about 4:30 this after noon.We had a great time shooting and meeting everyone.I shot more in those couple of days then I usualy shoot in a few months.It sure was a nice change in pace to spend a few days just hanging out with friends.Shooting bows and telling stories.It was definately TIME WELL SPENT!!! and we truely enjoyed every minute of it.Thank you all! and especialy Dave for being such a great host.
Thanks again Bill

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
It was great having you guys. Jake is pretty excited about seeing you in July at Denton Hill.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
Wish I coulda made it.Really missed seeing Bill and Tracy.Im going to have to order my SXT riser on the phone instead of in person.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©