3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: May 2009: SOLO Alaskan Brown Bear  (Read 5438 times)

Offline juneauhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: May 2009: SOLO Alaskan Brown Bear
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
On many occasions I have been asked about my moniker and I explain that I chose it after a brief e-mail to Steve maybe 8 or 10 years ago. I had so enjoyed one of his articles in TBM that I contacted him (he wouldn't remember) to tell him so and to inquire about his bows. He explained that he was just getting ready to move to Alaska to work and enjoy the bountiful hunting opportunities. His parting comment was that I should try to get up there one day to hunt, and so my moniker was born. I never met him and likely never will, but his story has come full circle in my mind and I always perk up when he is mentioned. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
Congrats and thank you for sharing.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Wouldn't remember?!  Actually I do but many things I don't since my mother cooked with aluminum.

I think I'm slated to do a presentation on brown bear hunting at the next PBS gathering in Nashville in March 2010 so who ever shows will get the full set of photos and tales!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©