3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schafer limb/riser question (any 3 pc takedown, actually)  (Read 322 times)

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
Schafer limb/riser question (any 3 pc takedown, actually)
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
What do you guys think would be an advantage to going with a 17" riser on a 62" overall bow?

I'm wanting a little more "mass" in the riser, but not anything "too" heavy.  Thinking the extra limb length would be a little more forgiving?

Std. is 19" riser on that length bow, but that riser doesn't appeal to me.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schafer limb/riser question (any 3 pc takedown, actually)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
jeff, i've been told the limbs are all the same length.the riser lengths are diff sizes.to get a 62 in you go with the 19in riser which adds more weight but on the plus gives you more stability.a 60 in bow has the 17 in riser etc.schafer's are one of the best out there.i just got one 2 weeks ago and am still excited having one.
see

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
I believe the limb length also varies.  One of my shooting partners got longer limbs on a 17-inch Schafer riser.  He likes that combination a lot.  Difficult to say which would be faster, but the longer limbs on the shorter riser should be a little smoother.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Getting a 62" bow on a 17" riser (Schafer) is an option (no charge).  I was thinking the longer limbs might be forgiving (more) and the 17" riser would give me a little more mass than the 15" riser I'm now shooting on my current bow.

Just wondering if my thinking is correct.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Schafer limbs are built in different lengths to make up different length bows. The risers also come in 3 lengths....15", 17" and 19".
I have a 58" bow with a 15" riser, and it's the smoothest pulling bow I've ever shot....get the length that suits you....you won't go wrong with anything Dave builds.

Billy

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
get one Jeff....you want regret it!

Offline KY..Rob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
I think the end product will depend on your shooting style. If your more of an instinctive shooter and cant your bow quite a bit the 15" or the 17" would be a good choice.

if your more of a stand up archer and like to gap or use point of aim, I think the 19" riser would be good.

I would go with 17" riser personally, I think you would get the best of both worlds. I would think the site window changes on all three risers.

JMO..Rob..

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks, John.  We'll see.  I realized how much I loved shooting, this weekend.  I figure I'll be 45 this year....and I'll get LOTS of years of use out of it.

Not a thing wrong with my current bow.  I love it.  I just think I'm gonna shoot recurves....and I always wanna have 2.

Thanks for the help guys.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Jeff, It only cost a nickel more to go first class.  I got a call from Beth today. My limbs will be shipped tomarrow. I have the short riser and the current limbs are 61@28 and make a 62" bow. the new ones will be 45@28 and make a 64"bow. I'll be interested to see how they shoot. If I'm not happy with it , you'll be the first to know. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©