3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Afraid I made a terrible mistake  (Read 1745 times)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Afraid I made a terrible mistake
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
I've rubbed it with alcohol yesterday and the day before yesterday. Looks better, feels smoother, but the brown spots are still there. I think acetone or WD40 spray might be a good idea.

It still shoots well though, I shot an arrow into the tree behind my target today, and couldn't get it out, no matter how hard I tried. And then it broke  :banghead:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
WD40 is good stuff I forget about. Its good for tape residue but still takes alot of elbow grease. I'm lazy and go for something stronger. I think  your on the right path and are going to get it worked out without refinishing :thumbsup

Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Hopefully that's the case  :)

Found out about the finish BTW. It's Thunderbird Sealer (Polyurethane). So it's quite tough.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
I keep a light coat of Turtle Wax or Mcquires on all my bows and arrows including old and new, one of which is a TH Diamond. Wouldn't leave home without it!

Offline zwickeyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
I refinish every used bow I get. Hardly any work at all. Like many have suggested. Lightly sand the bow and get all the wax you put on, off. You don't have the get to the wood. Get all the wax off and spray with an outdoor Poly, give it a light coat and sand with 00 stell wool then give it another coat and you are good to go
( Just a side note, next time you have a problem with a bow don't go on a website complainig there is a problem with a bow when you don't know what you are talking about, you didn't have to say what kind of bow it was. Do you think they appreciate you basically saying to the world they have a crappy finish)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
I do not record mentioning that the finish was crappy. Neither do I record stating that there was a problem with the bow. Only after I, myself, made a mistake. I love the bow, it's absolutely fabulous.

Thank you for commenting though  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©