3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest III >>---> Start Your Engines  (Read 22631 times)

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest III >>---> Start Your Engines
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:  

:campfire:    :coffee:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Sounds like them boys mean business up there. Can't wait to see some pics and hear the stories.
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
nyhunter73- That just ain't right to tease us like that.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Allen I just tried to call your cell and will try later.In case I miss you I will arrive Albany 12:40 Friday the 19th.See you soon Kip

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
good news...some great stories to come    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
Sounds like they are having a great time, look forward to the stories.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
one more wake-up.....

:jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Fatman- Dont be rubbing it in now. Some of us have to sit at home and only wish we were there.

Godd luck to you and be safe.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Robert Cunfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Hi Guys, I will see you all tomorrow at Tom's house about 2:00 tomorrow. I am filling Robtattoo's spot. See Ya Tomorrow!!!!!..Bobby

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
:wavey:
Woodrow F. Call

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »
So it's 2:00 am ....roughly I gt in about an hourr ago to my parents house On SINY.  I'm Excited to write But have been on the road forever.  SO it's time to sleep I'm sure bu the time I get up the stories will already be Rolling.. I'm not even going to tease you all with pictures, But we Had an amazing Success ratio...Good night all chat tomorrow!!  :campfire:

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
There is no other way to put it except the hunt was like a dream. The bear action was 2nd to none and I have been on  7 other bear hunts to compare it to. The group of people that were in camp were some of the best people I have ever meet and shared a camp with. There is not much that can be said for "The Real Bowdoc" because words can not begin to explain what a special person he is. If you don't know who he is you have to share a camp with him he is one of a kind.
          Just a preveiw of the success we had in camp the first week is 15 bear were taken and the biggest one was a whopper and I will leave that story to be told by the guy who took him. The average weight was 148 lbs. and ever bear was weighed on a scale and there were no guessing the weight.
   Tom Phillips and company did a great job and made it a plessure to be part of it and I still can't get over what a great  bunch of guys we had in camp.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
That's awesome John...any video?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
6 of the bears are on film and there was a 7th that was taken out of a ground blind on film but the tape got erased some how. My brother in-law Bill Langer is sick over it.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
First let me start by saying Happy Fathers Day to those, who are.  Theres lots of good dad's out there who deserve recognition!  
Just like Jon said and everyone who writes after me; the entire camp was full of truly exceptional people.  There were smiles all around. Everyone was helpful,fienedly and courteous.  Leaving camp and this group was a hard one.
A SPECIAL MASSIVE HATS OFF TO TOM PHILLIPS! Serioiusly the guy worked NON STOP to make sure everyone was comfortable, accounted for and well fed.  The planning that goes into this must be rediculous.  The man has his act together and really put together a hunt that turned out to be one of the greatest times of my life.  
Mr.Bowdoc Don Ward, what can be said about this man? I'll say it like this, when I first me him I was thinking "oh $#!+ what did I get myself into?" and when I left camp. I was wishing the guy was my adoptive father. The laughs and the love that this guy has goes above and beyond. Puting everyone well before himself finding satisfaction and happiness in your comfort level and excitement.
And simply to everyone else who helped put this together before I even got there, thanks again for making this such a special trip for me.  I truly am thankful.
The next 357 days are going to be long and slow. I cant wait till next year to do this all over again.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
C'mon fellas...time for some photos   ;)    :p  

Sounds like a great time with a super bunch of bowhunters.   :cool:    :jumper:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Can not get the pictures from photobucket to post so the others will have to fill you guys in.

Fantastic group of guys to hunt with and many good stories to share so come on guys.............

Offline Dick Langer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto Ditto to what Bahrzoo and Matty have said about Mr.Bowdoc ,all the GENTLEMAN in camp and a very special thank you to Tom Phillips. You know its a labor of love for all the hard work he does.Because of a last minute cancellation, which turned out to not be a cancellation,I got to go.Tom took it in stride and made sure (with the help of Bowdoc the chef) every one was well fed and had a place to lay their head.My main mission was to video first my son Bill and then my soninlaw Bahrzoo,mission accomplished I got to hunt with Bahrzoo over my shoulder.Someone in camp asked me how I could not stand to hunt when I had spent four days behind a camera answer was simple, I had partaken in more than one hunt the only thing I didn't do was pull the bow string back!!! Best bear hunt I've ever been on out of #9!!!!!!

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. Can't wait for more stories and pics. Tom and Bowdoc are indeed great guys.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©