3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Quest III >>---> Start Your Engines  (Read 22625 times)

Offline JSimon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Quest III >>---> Start Your Engines
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Awesome recap everyone! I look forward to this thread every year. Hopefully I can add my own story one of these years.

Offline Robert Cunfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting my pic and Thanks to all for the congrats again. Your videos are AWESOME, I wish I would have done that. A BIG HEY THERE to all the week 2 Bearquesters you were Great....Bobby

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
This keeps getting better and better. Keep it coming, I can't get enough.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
GREAT stuff BlkDog!  Congrats on your restraint!  Looking forward to some more.  I can relate to the "Dancing Zwickey".
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #604 on: July 09, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
I was seeing bears and managing to capturing some video.  Life was good!  I had some encounters, seen a really nice bear, and I knew a Huge bear had recently visited the bait.

Would I ever see the Big One and give Doc Tippet some competition in the big bear contest?  Heck, would I even see another bear during the week?   Maybe – maybe not.  Neither really mattered in the grand scheme of things.  This is a special hunt with a lot of special folks.  The hunt is a success as soon as soon as you arrive in camp.  Bears are a bonus, especially if you take one home.  

I had one stop to make on the drive back to camp that night.  Kip was waiting for me to pick him up from the Cardiac stand.   I had a little trouble remembering exactly where the stand was and turned around twice thinking that I may have driven past.  Back on target, I rounded a turn and saw the mangiest looking house cat I had even seen …damn that was an ugly cat sitting in the road.  As it waddled off, I discovered it wasn’t a cat, but a porcupine.  (What can I say, we don’t have those in Virginia!)  Soon I spotted Kip up ahead.  He was grinning ear to ear as he told me his news.  Kip had a bear down.  Kip and I hunted together on last year’s Bear Quest and it was a joy to hear he the news.   On the way back to camp, Kip joked that Tom wanted asked him to cook lunch tomorrow so he thought he better take care of the bear thing right away.  “I didn’t want to be rushing around you know.”  

Congratulations Kip!  

Upon our arrival back in camp, we learned that Tom had some big news of his own.  The next morning we would lay our eyes on the whopper Tom arrowed.  Congrats to our Bear Quest extraordinaire who makes this hunt possible. Thank you Tom!

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #605 on: July 09, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »
More to come tomorrow night.  I have an early meeting in the morning and it's probably best that I have have both eyes open at the time.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #606 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:00 AM »
great read Jay I wanted to add one more pic of our guide.bd  

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #607 on: July 09, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
Blkdog thanks for the tale of your time in the Quebec Bear woods.Did you take many still pics like Kip ?
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #608 on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »
I'am still working on getting a few CD's burned with all my pics.Will keep ya posted asap.bowdoc

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #609 on: July 10, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Matty's promised CD's as well. Where are you bud?!    :D    

Tom, congratulations on a great bear and for once again demonstrating that you are the best bear guide going-your whole crew does an exceptional job!!!    :thumbsup:        :thumbsup:        :thumbsup:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #610 on: July 11, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »
I got about 100 + pics from the first week that did not turn out.Seems I had my camera in my pocket and turned the dial changing the setting.Once I figured it out and changed it back I did not check the pics.That really sucks but I'am going try and get some cd's burned this weekend of what I do have of the first and second week.
Health food dude you and set em'up Rob need to get your Cd's burned and we can swap.
I was looking for a couple pics of Barry and Grant but the only one I have and it looks kind of weird...bd  

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #611 on: July 11, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
And then their eyes met, and they knew they would forever be together.Hey Kevin with your talent you could write a love novel with this pic.Kip

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #612 on: July 11, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Yeah...What happens in Bear camp stays in Bear camp..Rules are Rules...LOL

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #613 on: July 11, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
Oh my!!! That is a little more than I wanted to see.  :scared:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #614 on: July 11, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
....a shudder just went up my spine  :help:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #615 on: July 11, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Not sure if already posted of second week group but here is mine.

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #616 on: July 11, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
look at those guns on the Bowdoc....  :eek:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #617 on: July 11, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
holy smokes if you guy's think that pic's funny check out the one that was taken just before or after that one.
Now please note I lieve my sun glasses reading glasses and camera in the main cabin.
We were sleeping in the tent the first week and it was way easier for me to lieve said items in the main cabin OK ? No one has ever swiped anything from me that I ever knew about and so I will continue to lieve said items in the main cabin as long as I'am on BQ.
Please check out the other pic some jerk wad took with my camera.This may have happend while I was slaving away in the kitchen or even when I was asleep and someone used my camera and then put it back where i had it.I have no idea who took those pics.I bet it was the granola eating Matty dicken around with my camera and glasses because he thought I snaped a pic of him after he drunk this 82 oz. can of 10 percent beer and passed out.Man Matty your so lucky I did not find those pics until now or that wet willy you were about to get in the passed out pic would have been nothing..bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #618 on: July 11, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
thats a great group pic right there Kip.Kevin Mrs bowdoc washed and dried that shirt and it was all over with for that one now it fits the 7 year old grandson.I have no idea what went wrong there but I guess I should have purchased the one size fits all mesh back hat instead of that girls shirt.Check out the farmer tan on the bowdoc or I needed to wash my arms ??? bd

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #619 on: July 11, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
Hey that picture is of busiest stand of the hunt !!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©