3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shaft selection  (Read 236 times)

Offline Mike L.

• Trad Bowhunter
shaft selection
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »
I just bought a 62" recurve from Andy McCoy (Bezaleel Bow Works).  The bow is amazing, by the way. I had some cedar arrows at 23/64", 31.5" length.  They weighed very close to amo and for a week or so, if I could see it I could hit it.  I pull 63# at 29.5".  I ordered some of the carbon express heritage arrows at 31" from 3 rivers.  They recommended the 250 shaft, but the charts said 350.  350 was closer to the weight andy recommended.  I went with the 250's though, and I'm struggling, and trying to figure out whether its me or the arrows.  Am I just used to over shafting? These arrows are a thinner spine than I'm used to.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Mike L.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: shaft selection
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Some people don't know the spine of a heritage 250 so we're at a loss to help.  I don't know what "over shafting" means.  Are you bare shafting?  Without any of these answers I'd call 3 Rivers.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
The spine of a CE Heritage 250 is .373 and the 350 is .320.Carbon are very tunable and you can possibly tune either one to fit your bow.They have test kits that may help you decide which one may work best for you.What do you mean thinner spine,do you mean thinner diameter.A 5/16" point is what they use and they come in a wide variety of point weights,more then any other size.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
The 250's should fly great from your bow.  You can use brass inserts if you want to bring up the arrow wt. they come in 50 and 100 grns.  Some of your other questions are on the confusing side.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©