3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trimming a new tab  (Read 220 times)

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Trimming a new tab
« on: May 29, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
I have been shooting a glove for years but keep fighting the groves that form over time. I have a new Cavalier on the way and know you need to trim tabs but I don't know what to do? What am I going to be looking for as to how much to trim? What am I trying to attain by trimming? It should be here today and I have all weekend to shoot it.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trimming a new tab
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Hi WestTnMan! I use the same tab and love them. I like to just have the leading edge come out a little shy of my finger tips when I bend them half way. I want the string to slide off the tab and my finger tips at the same time. I DON'T want the string to continue sliding off the tab beyond where my finger tips are. So you can just eyeball it.  With the tab on bend your finger tips and mark where your finger tips are and cut at that line. Or you can put baby powder or talc on the string side of the tab and shoot with it on. Then carefully remove the tab and look and see where the rubbed off powder stops. That's where the string lost contact with the tab! Enjoy, they are a great tab. My accruacy has improved greatly since switching from split to 3 under.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the advise. I figured on trying to get it broken in some then trim to fit. Shot one a friend had the other week but it was trimmed too short for me and I really didn't know how long to leave it. I am hoping for a really clean release.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
Once you've shot it a bit and then trim it you will have the cleanest release possible. The rest is up to you!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©