3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: any have experience / catquiver 3  (Read 714 times)

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
any have experience / catquiver 3
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
anyone use the catquiver 3 or any of the similar quivers, how comfortable are they , are your arrows easily accesible.
do they get in the way when you are stalking threw brush and in general.
thanks for any help.

Offline LUCKY MAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: any have experience / catquiver 3
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
They are the best thing going for certain siuations. I used one exlusively for about 2 years and now have settled with a bowquiver.

The 3 or 3.5 allows room for all the gear you would need for an extended hunt and plenty of room for a day hunt. Arrows will stay dry and easily accessable when stalking or even hunting from treestand. Getting arrow back into quiver normally requires taking off your back.

I have a 3 and 3.5 for sale if interested, they are both posted on the classifieds. PM if interested or if you have more questions.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Offline bm22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
i like my selway but i hate shooting with it full of arrows and i hate tearing up and mudding up my feathers carrying it in the truck or 4-wheeler. and was looking for something different that is still functional.

Offline LUCKY MAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
I also have a Simmons Tube quiver which would be perfect for traveling on 4-wheeler.

Let me know if your interested.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
All sorts of quivers have their nitch. I used many of the cat quivers including the  cat quiver 3 the only thing i'll say against them is if you want to sit down the quiver has to be at least partially removed.
I keep going back to a small bow quiver and a hang on for extra blunts etc.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 05:03:00 AM »
I modified my cat quiver to having only one strap so I could wear it at an angle. This way I just loosen the strap and can move it around my side so I can sit. How ever, most of the time I am in a ground blind, so I just take it off and keep it next to me. It serves the purpose, keeps fletch protected, easy arrow access.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
I had a mini and traded it and still have a cat III, fleece model. I guess I don't like either as the III still hands on it's hook in new condition. Might be a good deal out west where you're chasin' elk over the hills, but here in the eastern hardwoods, nothin' works as well as a plain ole bowquiver.

It's difficult to replace arrows. All of the arrows have to be the same length, or if your blunt is shorter, you need to modify a bit, or use a piggybacker. Gotta take it off to sit down. Sure, they'll keep your fletchings dry, but so will a plastic bag with less hassle.

I'm sure there are archers who love their catquivers, but I'm not among them. Mine hangs on it's hook and I use it for storing my small fry, GN, eagle's flight, etc. :)
N/A

Offline jimneye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
I've been using a CAT II for 8yrs and wouldn't leave home without it. I just grab my bow and quiver and I'm out the door knowing that I have everything I need.
I've hunted almost every day of my life.....the rest were just wasted

Offline leon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I used one last year.Like Macbow and Foxbo said,you have to take it off to sit.I had to take it off to put the arrow back in too.It does have a lot of storage.This year I will use a strap on and a fanny pak.Leon
61# Acadian Woods Classic

58# Saxon American

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©