3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith 2009/2010  (Read 6795 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventure of Hope and Faith 2009/2010
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Heading out in extremely cold temps in the morning. My Sitka gear will get another good test!    :scared:  

Probably the last weekend of hunting with Miss Faith. Probably send her on early to the next guy on the list. Leaving for FL next weekend....

Still have plenty of tags...so I won't be at all picky....sure love to kill a deer with Miss Faith!

But the spot isn't a honey hole, but one I feel safe during rifle season....but it only takes one "close enough"    :readit:    :goldtooth:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
10 Degrees, wind chill at ZERO!

Hunted in Dad's stand today.I set it up for him as an easy spot for him to walk to from his house. Not much woods, but some deer moving thru between houses.But that's the beauty of it, I feel safe bowhunting here because it's too tight for anyone to rifle hunt....did I mention it was 10 degrees!

•  

•  

Mom and Dad's place....
•  

Same bh I shot the coyote with....
•  

•  

Some pix of Miss Faith in the snow....
•  

•  

Coolest part of today's hunt was getting to watch a mink hunting around and eventually kick out a rabbit and chase it around for a while. The bunny was twice as big as the mink!

But you know what they say about the "size of the fight in the dog"! He was chasing that bunny like he was the biggest, baddest thing in the woods.  He never stood a chance against the bunny's speed in the snow though.

Now the best part of the morning was being so close to Mom and Dad's that I had bacon and eggs waiting for me when I got out of the woods!! YUM!

Also got to try out my new Kelvin jacket from Sitka Gear. Absolutely the best cold weather layer I've ever worn!  I don't think you can get cold wearing that jacket over quality base layers, and under a quality outer jacket!

Even if you don't use Sitka Gear, I highly recommend this jacket to combat the cold!

Gonna try Dad's stand again in the morning.....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
I'm still around!  Been busy trying to get the house ready for a new arrival in a few weeks.

I've only managed to get out for tree rats in the back lot.  They're pretty well trained, so they don't stick around if I'm outside, but I've managed a few shots.  One has a slightly shorter tail, but doesn't seem any worse for wear.  I'll get "stubby" yet!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline GG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
Faith arrived today in a bomb proof package   ;) . Took her out on my lunch break and shot a few arrows. Smooth as silk and shoots where you're lookin'. I will shoot 'er some more this evening when I get home. I plan to take her deer huntin' tommorrow afternoon.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
Glad to hear she arrived safe and sound Gray. Good Luck bud!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
Go get em Gray!!

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
good luck dude!
Make a life, not a living

Offline GG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Got in the tree around 3:30 yesterday evening. I saw plenty of squirrels and watched a beautiful pink sunset in the the overcast sky, but saw no deer. It will probably be Saturday morning before I take Faith out on another date  :archer:  Wish me luck and ya'll have a Merry Christmas!

Offline GG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
I took Faith out Saturday morning expecting to draw some blood. All I saw was a bunch of @&$!# squirrels. When I was leaving the pasture 2 deer ran across in front of me as if taunting me. Their day will come.
Saturday evening looked promising with the wind settling down, but no deer were seen. I did get to see a young fox chase a couple of squirrels up a tree though. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
What's going on with Hope and Faith?  Not getting any storys.  

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Hope's time with me was uneventful.  A little bit of time at the target and a few shots at tree rats in the back lot.  "Stubby" has disappeared, so I think the 'yotes got him.  Too bad, a full body mount of the critter would have been fantastic!  ;)

Hope is on her way to Arrow k9.  Hopefully his late season is more eventful!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2009, 06:07:00 AM »
Thanks Jeremy. Well Hope is on her way to Ohio. I will get some pics up A.S.A.P when she arrives. I have a couple of sets that I have alot of activity at right now.     :pray:      I want to make it happen for the fine St.Judes Bow Mike has made.  Molson will be helping out the last two weeks in January. I feel the pressure and excitement! cant wait!!

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
Heck no pressure!  We are all watching.  LOL

Just have fun with it and make sure to post your story.  That's what most are forgetting.  When you sign up to host Hope or Faith you also sign up to provide the story here on this thread.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline GG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
I'm taking Faith to the woods this afternoon. First chance to go since this weekend due to work. Hope to post a kill soon if the critters cooperate.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Were gonna do our best! Good luck Gray.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »
Hope arrived at Mikes house today.  Now it just seems shameful that I'm leaving work at 4am, and that Mike's house is on the way home, and that he has to work tomorrow but I don't, and that Hope is going to sit in that house all day with nothing to do but hang on a rack.  It seems only right that Mike drags himself out of bed at 4a to hand me that bow so I can take it out at sunrise and do with it what it was made to do!   :thumbsup:    :D
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
Got home from work last night and the wife and kids thought they would wait until bedtime to let me know that a package had arrived. I found a time capsule looking container in the bow room next to the bow rack.  Christmas all over again!! After looking the bow over real close I found the journal.  It was a shorter read than I had hoped for but very cool. Bona put some really cool stones with the journal and I think it is fitting to add stuff to a traveling bow. I will post some pics soon. This will be a picture heavy story!! Bow looks great. Cant wait to shoot.

Offline GG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Got in a tree about 3:45 yesterday afternoon. A front was moving in and I figured the deer would be up and about. About 5:00P.M. I heard sloshing thru the creek in the bottom next to the ridge I was on. I just new the deer were coming to feed on the acorns around me, but they never showed. The deer get purty good at hide 'n' seek in the late season around here. I ain't givin' up though. About 2 more weeks of deer season, then I'll start chasin' hogs on public land.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
Took Hope for a walk this morning down a special set of Tracks. Anyone who likes big Whitetails knows that this is a very special place to us Ohio locals.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: January 01, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©