3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith 2009/2010  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventure of Hope and Faith 2009/2010
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing Toby....looks like you two had a heck of a run...and the chase is what its all about.....

Matt Schuster has Hope....and he might take here elk hunting....don't know, but I'm sure he'll take her to the Paradise to chase hogs.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
It was hard to pack her up and send her away. I'm sure Matt will enjoy shooting her as much as I did. Good luck to Matt and Hope.  Bona
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:00 AM »
August is coming to a close, I need to know who do I send Miss Faith to?

I will be posting some stumpin pic soon.  No hunting going on in WI in August.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
Paul, just send a PM with an address for Don & Sky Wilson
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
Where are the August stories?

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
I regrettably had to give up my spot for Hope, work did not allow me the elk hunting time I was planning on. I hope I did not cause any confusion for anyone, and thanks Curt and TG for the opportunity, and for Curt for taking care of the situation. I hope I can still have some chances in the up coming years.

Looking forward to all the stories, and good luck to all who share the Gals this season.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
I had Miss Faith for Aug.  No hunting going on in WI at this time.  But,she went to the WTA State shoot in early Aug.  Alot of people got a good look at her.

We also did some stump shooting here are a few pics.

Here is a picture of Miss Faith with the Arm Gaurd that came with Miss Faith 09.

Miss Faith at my ladder stand.

A dead tree shot.

A not so dead tree shot.

Ant Hill shot.

Miss Faith and Ole Stumpy.

I will be sending Miss Faith onto Don and Skyler Wilson.  It was fun having Miss Faith stop by in Aug.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
Matt Schuster has Hope....so hopefully we'll get a dead hog on here soon.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Faith arrived Saturday while we were at Ray Hammond's Hog Heaven. We were hoping that She would arrive for the trip but it didn't happen. We put her together a few minutes ago and fired several arrows. I really like that Bow...Maybe take Faith on a Road Trip to Georgia in a few Days. Matt is not the only person who likes too chase Hogs   :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Tyler,
How's she shooting for you?

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
Hey Mike....Miss Faith is a fine Bow...Dad really likes her also...Looks as if the Hog Trip is A GO...Shooting Easton FMJ 500's with a 250 grain Woodsman and they are Darts!...She has been  on a couple of Scouting/Stump Shoots and we will get some pics up soon.....Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
Has this thread died? Are the bows still circulating?  Hoping all is well....
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
TerryGreen has Miss Hope for Oct. and Miss Faith should be with "Littlebigman" Jim G......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
we are anxiously awaiting Faiths arrival here at 5 pines farm

this is the valley that faith will get to hunt in for the next 30 days! I hope she likes it here!
Make a life, not a living

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
I don't have the bow...will call Matt and see what's up....he's in the process of moving to FL.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
great, i did a pm to skyler today as well

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
A knock on the door an hour ago interrupted an afternoon chore and there was the rural mail carrier with an ominous looking package. Faith has arrived in Sather Valley!. After figuring how to open the bomb proof box we took a short walk up the drive way to camp    

we took a few minutes flinging several different arrows and determined my CE heritages 150's would work fine.   The top arrow is a 150 with a target point , the bottom a 250 with a browad head , shot from 12 yards on a steep down hill angle.
I dressed the girl in battle gear, made a PBJ and decided we will head up to a hidden food plot up high on the central ridge  above the farm house.  Its been raining on and off all day. Normally i don't hunt in the rain but since it is intermittent, I am going to risk it. I'll post later after I return

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Alright, finally someone who wants to share a story about the one of the girls!  :clapper:
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
I have been having lots of knee issues ever since returning from elk hunting , so I took the easy way out and drove the 4 wheeler up the steep and muddy logging road. At the top , the road T's on to a long razor back ridge. I walked the gentle part up to the food plot . This is what the gentle part looks like      

This plot is a special place. A real honest to goodness honey hole. When I bought the property four years ago all that was here was an intersection of two  four wheeler trails. I clear cut, then bull dozed the stumps. What makes this place special is that three ridges all come together right here. The ground is level only where the plot is and all three valleys below the plot hold deer all day long. This is what you see when you enter the plot from the south as i did tonight       can you see the tree in the upper right corner with  the strap?  here is a little help.      

ok , so it was about three pm when i finally settled in and it rained on and off for the next 90 minutes or so. Around 4;30 pm it got real quite and the wind stopped completely. I don't like it when it gets so quiet. Across the food plot on the north end where the logging road continues on, deer legs appeared. Two sets. . I was thinking that some one before me, must have rubbed real good Mojo on Faith, as this was the first time in 8 sits I saw deer while on stand! When their heads were behind the leaves and branches in front of me I slowly stood. The big buck fawn , all 90 pounds of him immediately came to my side of the field. The mom, a nice doe not huge but nice fed in the center.  This is my view from the stand minus deer

Eventually the buck fawn had enough to eat and was heading to the east side logging road that passes all most directly beneath me. He had no idea I was there and of course was totally safe since I am strict QDM kind of guy. I knew the doe would be following shortly. They were passing on my left side. I suddenly was reminded of why I prefer hang on stands over ladders. The ladder plat form is so darn narrow  and I was having difficulty getting turned to shoot. Plus it was still deathly quiet. As I oozed in to shooting position, one of my pant legs rubbed. The doe stopped and stared. What was that sound was the look on her face? Adult does are smart! She went  on full alert and started to angle around me. At 20 yards she did present a brief opening and a broad side shot. With either of my long bows the arrow would have been on the way, but Faith and I are newly acquainted. We hardly know each other and to ask her to perform like that on the first date, well I thought it was a bit much. I let the doe walk, but I wore a big smile.
The evening ended with another spike buck right at last light feeding in the plot and then walking right by me. Two passes and almost a kill shot the first night! What a month this is going to be

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
its Sunday and I woke to cloudy skies , temps in the mid 40's and a slight wind out of the west. Since its Sunday and I have to head north later in the day I would only have the  morning to hunt today. Where to go? I decided to hunt the Buddha trail.   Faith and I drove the four wheeler up the steep logging road to the T and then we walked from there. Basically its the same trail as to the food plot on the ridge top where we hunted last night except when you get there you keep going until you come to Buddha, then you hang a right    

This stand is on a rather steep hillside with trails on both the uphill and down hill side. The tree stand is very high up to accommodate the up hill side trails. The stand must at least 25 high but on the up hill side you are only 8 to 10 feet above the deers heads as they pass by .
    Off hand shots are very steep but I dont expect to shoot that way and have all ways passed up those shots in the past.

All though there was a lot of moon light this am I used a head lamp for last 100 yards as I went down the trail after passing Buddha ( no I am not a Buddhist. I just like their art) A pair of deer eyes blinked back at me as my light hit the area to right of the trail down near my stand.  A deer was bedded just off the trail. Since it had all ready seen me and I fully expected it to run I proceeded on down the trail. It didn't budge! I walked down to the tree a short forty yards from it, set my pack and bow down and proceeded to finish dressing .. It lay there blinking in my head lamp the whole time. Not until I set my pack down and zippered it shut did it move  and then it just walked off. I climbed the tree and waited for day light. This tree stand has a heavy duty rope with a slide ( a prusic knot sic) installed. It was a present from my friend and fellow trad ganger Shaun Webb. Using it makes me feel good and makes me think they need to go on all of my trees.

here is my view from up high     Good visibility all directions and several deer trails cross in front of me. But the morning passed by and all I saw were squirrels ,several of them black they are really cool and one feral cat. No deer were seen. After 3.5 hours I called it quits and came in for some hot coffee.  Now its out to do some chores and then head north for two days. I'll be back in the woods Tuesday afternoon and will post more then.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©