3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF riser - as good as it gets :)  (Read 1424 times)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF riser - as good as it gets :)
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Thanks guys for answering my questions.I've been gone all day. Does Mr.Morrison also make longbow limbs to fit the ILF riser and can he put skins on the ILF limbs? His skins are the best I have ever seen.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
He can put skins on the ILF limbs.  I think I read that is will/can make longbow limbs for the ILF riser.  You might drop Bob an email.

I spent the weekend with the Morrison riser down in the boggy bottoms.  I got onto the pigs a couple of times but never got ahead of the for a shot.  

I did a lot of stump shooting and got a couple of shots at swamp rabbits.  Arrows were deflected by brush.  Alot of fun.  

I took my target riser along and a target bag.  stopped by the gravel pit for some long range work.  Used the limbs off the morrison.  Well after I found out where the point on was for the morrison.

See how it works, twice the fun  :)

rusty

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »
After spending some time talking to Bob this weekend, I will be ordering an ILF riser soon. I shoot a 50# bow for targets and a 55# bow for hunting. With the ILF riser and limbs i can get those weights with the same pair of limbs. That is a huge plus for me. I talked with Bob for about 45 min and if it wasn't for having to pay to have the wife's car fixed after she took it deer hunting  :knothead:  , i would have placed an order this weekend.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
Whats an "instinctive riser"? How does it different from one that is not?

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
I have spent a lot of time shooting my ILF riser since I got it.  The riser is a natural.  I didn't have to adjust anything in my styel or get used to any issues with the riser.  Just pick it up and shoot it.  

I set the tiller to even.  Been shooting the riser both three under gapping and split-finger instinctive.  The riser is a jewell  :)

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Rico - that is how I discribe the difference between a riser that has been designed for a flipper, plunger, etc and one that was designed to shoot of the shelf and a less formal aiming process.

I usally string walk my bows so I lean toward a riser that has been designed for a flipper and plunger.  That said I hunt alot with an "instinctive" riser.  

just the way I coined to discribe the difference.

rusty

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by trashwood:
Rico - that is how I discribe the difference between a riser that has been designed for a flipper, plunger, etc and one that was designed to shoot of the shelf and a less formal aiming process.
"less formal aiming process" Dang Rusty, that's just plain brilliant right there!  :readit:    :thumbsup:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
"less formal aiming process"  
Now that is certainly the way I shoot mine.  :biglaugh:
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©