3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Compton courses?  (Read 162 times)

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
Compton courses?
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Just wondering what the terrain is like on the courses at Compton, some of you know that my wife and I were in a serious motorcycle accident in Oct., I'm walking a little better know { w/ knee brace], can you tell me if the courses were pretty hilly or steep. Would like to attend now that I have some weekends off, but can't do hills and such very well, would probably just come down for the day on sat. just don't want to drive two hours if i can't shoot while I'm there. Thanks, Todd

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compton courses?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
As I recall the courses are laid out in hilly terrain.  There is some nice flat areas in the courses but there are hills and some fairly quick inclines / declines as well.  

The courses are great fun, but I wasn't just recently injured.  Hope you get better soon.

BTW, even if you don't shoot, it might be worth your time.  The meals area great and there are a ton of vendors there typically.  You get to meet a bunch of new friends and rub shoulders with a lot of the more well known actors in this sport of ours.

Camping is available on site and there are hotels / motels nearby.

Try it !
ChuckC

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Todweelz-If i remember right, the course just off to the right of the practice range shed is pretty flat. It ends up going up hill but there is an exit right at the base of the hill. There are aerials to shoot and there is the practice/bow try out range as well. Everything is set up well and you can spend a day just browsing the dealers tents. I can't make it this year, but I highly recommend it! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
I can't remember if it's the green or orange course that's almost flat.  I think it's the orange.  The green one has a hill to start and come back down but targets6 or 7 thru 15 are flat.  The blue course has a hill in the middle but it also has some slippery walks to retrieve arrows.  The red course I'd skip if walking is difficult.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
For some reason this thing won't let me edit my previous post, so here's a new one.  I forgot to mention.........the vendor area is FLAT !!!!!!  Just like your wallet when you leave!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Looks like I'm going to have to give it a shot, I'll try Tuscola this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks for your help. Todd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©