3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson overdrive?  (Read 839 times)

Offline TJ Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson overdrive?
« on: March 25, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I see where Robertson is offering some of their bows in overdrive? What is overdrive? Thanks.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson overdrive?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
They are offering a Test Drive option where you can try a bow for the shipping cost of $20.00 and either keep it and pay for it or return it, or order a custom made one.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
The Overdrive longbows have little wider limb than standard. A little more speed and a little more handshock is what I was told by Robertson.

Eric

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
The overdrive design uses about the same deflex with considerably more reflex than the regular Robertson D/R design while still keeping the "D" shape when strung.  It definitely does increase the performance.  I have shot several of the OD bows and haven't noticed any handshock in any of them, including my 60" 57lb'er.  I also had a 64" that is now being shot by another TradGanger.  The limb width seems about the same as my Robertson Mystical, but the core looks to have more taper.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »
TJ, Fletcher is correct on the overdrive.I bought one of his. 64 inches and 53@28". It does not have any handshock to me and I am sensitive to that. It does have a little vibration but Dick told me that is why he does not build it in the 64 inch modelanymore only 62 and 60 inch versions even though I have seen some new 64's as of recently. I have shot alot of bows and it would be one I would buy again only about 58@28" and a takedown version for my Moose bow. Hope this helps. Flint

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
I have a 64" 54@27 with the overdrive and have not experiened any handshock. Never shot the standard so I don't have a baseline to compare it to. I shoot 600gr axis arrows out it at about 162fps....very quite.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »
The advantage of the overdrive is not evident until heavy for the bow weight arrows are shot, then it will shine.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
I have a 64" overdrive, 65lbs, and it is a great shooter.   I don't notice any more handshock than with other longbows, and it does seem a bit quicker (faster) shooting.  The limbs to have a bit more taper, necessary to get the D shape tiller from the amount of reflex in them.  

My son Kory also shoots an overdrive very well, and has taken a bunch of critters with his...he loves it.  His is 60 lbs, and is a 60 incher I believe.   Nice bows, as are all of Dick's creations.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Well, I hate to be the one that's different, well maybe not since I shoot longbows, but the one that I had seemed to be a little more thumpy.  My all time favorite longbow is Dick's standard longbow.  As a matter of fact, a new one just arrived in the mail today.  I'm starting to feel a little fever coming on and may have to go home early.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©