3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: little suckling  (Read 176 times)

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
little suckling
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
does anyone know anything about these little bows and how to contact and does anyone have pictures of them
thanks
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: little suckling
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »
I'm not sure but I believe this was the KT-44 built by the late Kiko Tovar.  I may be wrong (and probably am) but if so Kiko made several of these and upon his untimely parting, the bow was taken over by a friend of his.

Please someone else help us here...
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
I think I still see their ad in TBM.

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Doug, I'm not sure about little suckling, but have heard of them. The KT44 you speak of I think was simply called the KT44 Magnum. Was it perhaps a model of "Little Suckling"?

I believe John Tolwicz is now making those bows since Kiko's passing. If little sucklings were made by him then I would guess John is now making them.

Offline LONGBOWKID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »
I e-mailed him and got several quick responses. He sent pictures and a brochure through the mail. Good good, neat bows!

Shoot him an e-mail!
Turkey Creek Longbows
60" 46#@29"
62" 51@29"
62" 61#@29"
62" 77#@29"

Holm-Made Osprey
60" 67#@29"

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
I know John Tlusz, the bowyer and will be seeing him and his wife at the Muzzy. I have shot the bows and find them to be very stable and smooth shooting and very quiet, as I recall. John had some problems with  materials for a while and was not making too many bows for a couple of years. Last year at the Muzzy he told me he was going to be doing a lot more bow building. He still has his ad in TBM so I would look it up and get in touch with him.  He makes two models and they both seem to shoot the same to me. They are not speed demons but shoot with authority. If you like really short bows you will not be disappointed.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©